Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Camping /Get together weekend, Gloucester anyone ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camping /Get together weekend, Gloucester anyone ?

Boys, Girls, ladies and gentlemen. Brioni & I look after a camping site at Twigworth, Gloucester. Next to Twigworth Breakers. Up until last March, that's March 2014, the site wasn't up to much, it was pretty muddy, lots of horse poo and flies. I talked the owners of the farm into letting me sort it out and make it proper for people to camp and caravan.
    We moved the horses on to another place, cleaned and levelled, reseeded the field and planted dozens of new trees. A year later Its immaculate. As a result of that, so far this year, we've had the best camping season ever. Every weekend, we've had tents and caravans in here. The Madness and Elton John Weekends were brilliant.
    We have a new loo block and showers and of course fresh water.
    I've been given two years for this site to show promise, otherwise the boss will dig it up and expand his caravan storage into the camping field. I cant let that happen and could do with a bit of help . It needs to be used by campers. After all, that's what Brioni & I do. We are tenters. (Ok, we live in our American Motorhome, but tenting is our way of getting away from it all)

Something i'd really like in here are Smarts, I'd like to ask members /Non members if they would like to come to Court Farm for a social weekend. Bring a BBQ, lots of bottles (full ones of course) and have a damned good time away from all the noise and the do this and do that now sort of stuff that we are all used to doing from normal day to day.
    The camping site is behind key pad operated gates and within the Farm. Non campers cant get in here. So you would have privacy and security while you are here.
    You could either walk or drive to the Table To Table Pub at Twigworth. Get a taxi if you want. But more that anything else, i'd like to see people have in a drink here amongst their friends.
    I've said nothing to the owners of Court Farm about this, but they will go with me with the idea. After all, the proceeds £10 per night will be theirs. Normally £15.00 a night.

It would be a good idea, if someone that the forum member all know could take charge of the weekend or week because im not much good at arranging things. But if that doesn't happen i'll be happy to do it.

As far as a date is concerned, its up to you all. Thats another reason I asked a Maniacs member to take this on.

Put GL29PX into Google Maps. Or Court Farm Twigworth. You'll see where we are..It would be fantastic to be inundated with Smarts and tents.

Thanks John (Smart Fart) It really would be great if this could happen..

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X