Diesel cheat?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diesel cheat?

Today’s big automotive news was that the US federal allegations claimed that VW have been installing softwarde silently and illegally on around 482,000 diesel vehicles in the United States to…

"sorry"

U.S. regulators may fine Volkswagen billions of dollars after discovering software designed to cheat official emissions testing

Comment

I first read about that on Thursday last week. Rather shocking a huge company like VW would risk cheating on emissions regulations.

Comment

Yeah I first heard about it last week too, just I read the 2nd link only yesterday where he apologised

Sure is a scandal of quite huge proportions, it's gonna cost them big style if it comes out in the wash it's true...... big style !

Comment

Yesterday, VW's share price dropped by 20%.
          If they recall the cars in question and reprogramme the software, chances are the cars will no longer have the performance their owners expect.Expect a Class A law suit in that case.
          Legislators legislate with the knowledge they have. They assume that as the air quality is not improving despite limiting vehicle emissions then more must be done (not knowing the cars are not playing their part). Thus more legislation such as banning certain vehicle types from cities. VW have messed with a system much larger than they should have. Rumour has it that they are not the only one - merely the one that got caught. All a bit of a shambles....

Comment

Euro6 diesel emissions are nearly impossible to achieve in normal cars without urea injection (which offsets any sort of saving by getting a diesel).
            In America, you can drive a Lamborghini or a Hummer which outputs more than 10 normals cars combined, but they are petrol so that's ok. Governments are trying to nobble the diesel market as they make more revenue on tax through petrol.

Comment

There is little doubt that the repercussions from the Volkswagen scandal will spread beyond the German giant

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X