No announcement yet.

Hello all smart people

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good news. Recovery takes time - and patience. Hope it goes well.

Comment

Thank you Thrumbleux. Avril (my wife) was out for a walk today, unsteady on her feet but it's great to see her mobile again. Her closest friends have been rallying round, with food parcels galore - think the walk will do my waistline some good too.

Comment

Not posted in a while. My wife sadly passed away. Have sold the smart so no further use for the forum I'm afraid. Many thanks for all helpful information and kind regards to all users. Angus

Comment

Angus, I'm very sorry to read of your wife's passing (I never realised how serious her illness was). It must be a very difficult time for you. My thoughts are with you.
          I understand that now the smart is sold you are leaving the forum. We'll still be here if you feel like dropping in. Maybe time to find a new hobby? Anyway, take care of yourself and once again, so very sorry to hear of your loss.

Comment

"We'll still be here if you feel like dropping in"

Bless you son that's very kind of you. There's a high chance I will take you up on your offer. Life around here can be very quiet at times.

Kind regards,

Angus

Comment

For sure drop in by. Don't be sitting staring at the walls on your own when there are people here to chat with. Where are you based - in Scotland?

Comment

Good morning son. Yes, yes I'm based in Scotland. A small village called Dollar in Clackmannanshire, has been home for me for 60years now. Where about are you based?

Comment

Avril was from East Kilbride but I managed to persuade her 40years ago to marry me and move away from her home town, lucky old me.

Comment

Dollar is notorious to me as being the sign post to catch for heading to Glasgow - or end up in Edinburgh. I used to come down that way - Perth and Milnathort - working but it didn't pay so it kind of fell away. You are in a beautiful part of Scotland. Last summer I had a wee trip down to Perth via the A9 and the scenery was absolutely stunning.
                    Currently living in Moray and if you'd been closer I'd stick the kettle on for you. If you do find yourself in my neck of the woods though, give me a shout.

Comment

The Ochill Hills are right on my doorstep and waking up to such a bonnie sight daily is something I am very thankful for. You are correct the scenery down here is indeed absolutely stunning. That's a very kind gesture and perhaps one day I'll venture North again - so sticking your kettle on would be wonderful and I thank you kindly son.

Comment

If you venture North.....
                        Meantimes, you take care of yourself. (I know from seeing bereavement with my parents that this isn't any easy time for you).

Comment

Perhaps one day......
                          Take care of yourself. Best wishes for now.

Angus

Comment

Good morning. I took your advice Thrumbleux and picked myself up a wee hobby. I purchased myself a ride on mower and have been doing the neighbours (who are elderly, well at least older than myself) lawns when it's dry, it's been rather wet of late but have managed a few in between showers. It gets me out of the house when I get fed up being lonely. The weather is so lovely today, how long it will last is a mystery but I'm off to do Mrs Strachans lawn so will don my bunnet and cream. Hoping all is well with you up North son? Bye for now.

Angus

Comment

You and that mower definitely have an invite to Morayshire - and I think you know why!
                              I'm amazed. Someone actually took my advice! There's a rarity. And that it worked - wow!
                              Seriously though, that's great to hear. I can see it working for you exactly as you explain it. Don't be too surprised either if it snowballs into a business - word gets around and more will come looking for you.
                              Been a bit wet here also but yesterday (Fri) was the first dry day for a while. Like you, I frequently end up cutting my grass between showers.The showers with the strong sunlight make the grass grow like crazy - I swear I can see it shoot sometimes. You're going to be busy!

Comment

Well it was certainly better advice than to be asked to frequent the local bowling green, not that I am adverse to rolling a ball up and down a green mind you. After your positive advice I that thought in my mind to do something a bit different and mowing seemed to fit that bill. I didn't buy a new mower, far too pricey, I managed to purchase a second hand one from a gentleman who was about to scrap one for his brand new one. there is absolutely nothing wrong whatsoever with his old one, barr a wee bit of TLC, I really can't understand people who have perfectly working order equipment, see a snazzy bright shiny new one and they "have" to have it, more money than sense sometimes but it's up to them and it's only my opinion. Mrs Strachan was delighted yesterday bless her. Her husband passed away a few years back and she had someone tidy up her garden to some extent but was becoming unreliable and she was getting very frustrated with his lack of consistency so when I told her I'd come and help out she was over the moon. She's a memeber of a ladies group in Alva so at a guess she'll spread the word, we wait and see. Haha, yes sometimes I can see the grass shoot too son but it's the daisies that get me, they seem to just bow down then pop their wee heads back up again, oh well ''tis nature after all.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X