No announcement yet.

Hello all smart people

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the heatwave has waved goodbye so to speak, still it was a beautiful day for our trip up to Creiff yesterday afternoon. Excellent meal and I highly recommend going if you are down in that neck of the woods one day.
    I'd certainly try a with your offer, nothing ventured nothing gained. Is it not possible to get in touch with MB and get a spare?

Comment

I think the heatwave has waved goodbye so to speak, still it was a beautiful day for our trip up to Creiff yesterday afternoon. Excellent meal and I highly recommend going if you are down in that neck of the woods one day.
      I'd certainly try a with your offer, nothing ventured nothing gained. Is it not possible to get in touch with MB and get a spare?

Comment

Oh dear I seem to have an echo!!

Comment

Indeed, somewhat shortlived. Warmer next week says the forecast.
          Good point re MB for key but it's the coding malarkey and state of the Zee that's the current concern. With the key (and a charged battery) I'd know the state of the electrics (wipers, air bags, etc - all MOT tested) and possibly have a crack at starting the engine and checking transmission. Nearest for coding to me is 50 miles either way (Aberdeen or Inverness) which is 100 miles of trailering. Going to have to do something soon though - when my patience runs out!

Comment

It's back to the drawing board then or so to speak. 100miles is some ways to go for a possible negative at the other side but if it's going to help you out in the long term and a build that you'll benefit from they why not just give it a try.

Comment

Organising a trailer or truck is the onerous bit. 100 miles can easily be 200 if the car has to be left, me return home, then go back again. The logistics of picking up cars and bikes (for engines) may be the death of this. I've no intention of entering the haulage business!
              There is, however, another plan afoot. If I can build from scratch, with 'raw materials' - then the materials will be delivered to me. Early days....

Comment

Good luck and don't get too bogged down with it all and if it's meant to happen it will......that was Avrils motto, don't sweat the small stuff etc etc. I used to get very stressed out about things but now (and at my age) I don't give a monkeys hoot anymore. Work it out if you can but don't let it take over. Is there a particular reason for putting a bike engine into this Smart Fortwo if no it's no big deal.....

Comment

Getting fed up being run out by every ******** pootling along - until I go to overtake. Getting to the point it is dangerous. 160hp sorts that. Also, something to build and sell and up my woeful income (thanks Brexit for crashing Sterling vs the US Dollar and my income with it).
                  All plans off for now until my own car is sorted. SAM appears to be goosed (headlights switch themselves on and can't be switched off (as they were never switched on!) without disconnecting the battery). Yesterday was not my best day.

Comment

The whole Brexit malarkey is a shambles is all that needs said!!
                    Hoping you can get your electrical problem solved as soon as you can and today is a better one without further negativity. Nothing finer than to offload though and if I can help in any way.......

Comment

Cheers Angus.
                      The irony here is...everything I was concerned about on the other car (the one I want to buy for the project) has occurred on mine (my day to day car I need for work). You couldnae script this ****!
                      Brexit is a can of worms opened by the clueless to benefit the richest. When they realise they've been played like violins by the elitists they've been encouraged to despise - the outcome won't be pretty.

Comment

You are very welcome. I'm no therapist but Avril always said "if someone seeks an ear be there as it might just happen you seek one one day. Having an open mind in all situations is paramount"
                        Brex***t is what I like to call it!!
                        Meantime, I do hope you have a more relaxing day if you can son. I'm off out for a breath of fresh air.

Comment

Good morning. Wondering if any progress was made yesterday re your frustrations with the electronics, I'm hoping so?

Comment

Nah, took yesterday off from it.
                            Things to check today to try and pin it down (including a recently replaced stop/tail bulb - in case it's gone bad) but suspect SAM is faulty. In which case I need to find a way of replacing (ie the necessary coding) without having to transport the car to a MB/smart dealer.
                            Can't quite tell if what comes next (buying software for recoding/fault deletion/various re-sets) is equipping me for any project fortwos I will subsequently have or telling me to run a mile from the over electronicised things and build something as mechanical as possible. (There's a Van-Diemen RF87 chassis here the R1 engine may be better in). That will be answered by how getting my car back running properly progresses I guess. Oh the joys!

Comment

Afternoon! Sundays are meant to be for a bit of rest and recuperation. I hope today some progress with it all?

Comment

Agree - Sunday a 'day of rest'.
                                Some progress - maybe. Found a faulty relay in the main beam circuit that could have brought the lights on without the switch being operated. Then, the drag of 200W on the battery from the lights before I could get them off caused the rest of the problems. That's the (current) theory to be tested later today with a new relay. Fingers crossed - not least as a new SAM is £520 and there's still the coding....

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X