No announcement yet.

Hello all smart people

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apologies for the late reply, I fell asleep this afternoon, I think I over did things a bit yesterday. Yes, I agree perhaps the stronger bulbs created the problem elsewhere?? I do hope you get it sorted as soon as you can and you don't have to fork out £100's for a new SAM.

Angus

Comment

No need to apologise Angus - or I will have to also.
      It's fixed! The relay was the source of the problem and the lights being on dragged the battery down causing the other anomalies.120 miles today and no problems. A relief, I can tell you.
      Heatwave is on its way says the forecasts - thinking you and your mower are going to be busy soon. Enjoy some of the sun though. A sunny weekend and no car worries - bliss!

Comment

If one is late to reply one should make an effort to apologise as it is courteous to do so, I'm possibly very old fashioned in my thinking.
        Glad to hear the problem has been fixed and you can relax over this weekend. My weekend will be a busy one. I have 3 lawns to cut and a niece coming for tea tomorrow evening so I'd best shelve the boxes of literature that I have lying in boxes in the kitchen before she arrives. It's all go around here I can tell you. The sun is out you were correct with the forecast. Enjoy the weekend son and hope it is indeed blissful for you.

All the best for now

Angus

Comment

Likewise Angus, enjoy your weekend - a busy one for you by the sounds.
          Curious though, - 'literature'?

Comment

This is a message for Thrumbleux . My Uncle had a stroke in July and though still quite unable to do many physical tasks at the moment he has been able to regain his speach to some degree. He asked me to pass on his best wishes and has not disappeared totally. He's an awful man, worries far too much. He was adamant that I pass this on so now I can tell him I have done so.

Kate

Comment

Kate, I'd been wondering why I'd not seen Angus posting - now I know. Thanks for letting me (and others) know. And please pass on my very best wishes to Angus for a speedy recovery. As soon as he is ready to post again, we'll get chatting again. Once he has Perthshires's grass back under control that is!

Comment

If he gets the use of his hands fully with regards to typing and such like I'm sure he'll be back "chatting" as soon as he can, he's very good at that. Meantime I'll pass on your reference to him and his lawn mowing! I do however think it just may take some time for him to recover fully, time will tell, he is one determined man when it comes to his "own mind" and doing things "his way" - much to my dismay at times but he's a super man and I love him dearly no matter his foibles.

Kate

Comment

He asks how the painting is coming on? And is life good with you at the moment?

Comment

Here's hoping those hands are working soon then. Yep, even what little I know of him tells me he has his own ways and mind - no bad thing! Tell him please that, drawing with added colour didn't work out (yet) but have been doing a bit of abstract painting - bright colours. Both that and the drawing require more work but both are good start points. I'll inevitably do more as winter more confines me to indoors. The other (car project) stuff we were discussing hasn't as yet come to anything so there's a bit of frustration there (hence the 'need' to paint!) but I'm not giving up on it. So, to some degree, we're having similar summers. Not able to get done what we want done but not giving up! Such is life.
                    What a man though - recovering from a serious stroke and still asking how my life is. Angus, you're a star!

Comment

Asking how someone is doesn't make him a star he says. He's had a stroke, he's not dead, he said that with a smile on his face!...

Comment

Keep painting......

Comment

He's a star alright!!!

Comment

That's very kind of you to say so sir!

Why I offered to be his internet helper I'll never know .....

Comment

Sorry to here you've suffered a stroke. I have a friend who's in the same position, was very active & into any activity. He's very positive & slowly getting his speech & mobility back. He says it's the frustration that winds him up the most.
                              I realise It's a long uphill battle but you'll get there with strong will & determination & I wish you all the best.
                              Stay strong.

Martin.

Comment

Hi there Martin.
                                It was a shock to us all when it happened. As you'll know it just happens and that's it - no prior warnings in some cases and in particular my Uncles. Likewise with regards to your friend, it'll take a bit of time to recover but like your friend Angus is a very determined man and as he says "will overcome it". He may never regain full body function but his tongue works quite well so we are all happy enough with that progress so far.
                                Many thanks for your kind words of support it's very much appreciated. And we also wish your friend the very best with his recovery.

Kate

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X