No announcement yet.

Hello all smart people

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A guy I meet in the course of my working life suffered a stroke. Note 'meet' - current tense as he made a full recovery. It can be done. The frustration must be difficult (I had arthritis as a kid and the frustration of not being able to do routine things such as open and close taps, zips, shoe laces - was hugely frustrating) but at least in older age we have learned what patience is for and how to summon it. So long as the progress is forthcoming. I guess it's one day at a time (as it was for me when I was ill).
    Yes, Kate, internet helper you are! A Godsend for the help you are providing I'll wager, For as long as you can post here on how Angus is getting along, I for one am grateful to you and hoping we'll hear more of his return to full health.

Comment

Uncle A, thanks all for their best wishes and is looking forward to chatting again soon. Might be a while but I'm sure he'll be directing me online again at some point. Until then cheery bye for now.

Kate

Comment

Here until he returns - whenever that is. Looking forward to hearing more from Angus and especially that his recovery is progressing well.
        Thanks Kate - there's two stars in Perth.

Comment

Nah, Uncle Angus is the star.

Comment

Good morning! Well, he has me at it again!! Like I don't have other things to be getting g on with, i.e. getting him ready for one of his cronies who's nipping across this morning for a chin wag!! He asks (Thrumbleux) what is the progress on the car you were thinking about purchasing, the one, as far as he can remember that had no key? Perhaps he is wrong in his thoughts but he's trying to remember certain things to help his memory come to life a bit more.

Thanks in advance

Kate

Comment

He has a visitor today then...
              No progress on the keyless car - it's owner hasn't come across with the key and while I offered to take the car as it is - he wants more money for it. Which I might have considered but for being spooked (again) by my own car playing up. It needs fixing (in hand, waiting for kit) but the possibility of the keyless car having damaged electronic components which would be very costly to fix that cannot be identified without powering it up with the missing key means that its on hold at best.
              Maybe if the 'kit' for my car can deal with any problems the keyless car might have then maybe I'll take another look. It is otherwise a usable car for my intended project and it being local is the main draw. Since looking at it and then others around the UK, I've come to realise the drawbacks of living where I do. Apart from being miles from where all the cars are, getting one delivered via a transporter is a non starter as I live on a very busy A road and on the inside of a blind bend - not a place to park up an artic with a 40 foot trailer let alone attempt unloading it. So, looking at another plan instead. Did I mention 'frustration' earlier?
              Anyway Angus, enjoy your visit today and look after Kate - she's good to you. Maybe, when you have better use of your hands, we can swap phone numbers for a chat?

Comment

That's Duncan here now so I can head off now and let them get on with it....
                That's a fantastic idea for the future and he thanks you for considering calling, however, though saying his tongue works well, it's not as good as it could be and though he can muster up words a full sentence is yet to be achieved - if you know what I mean. But he thanks you kindly.
                Yes, his words, perhaps dealing with your own car issues for now is best.
                I'll keep you posted.

We both wish you a lovely weekend meantime.

Kate

Comment

Angus is right - fix the car I have first!
                  Phone for a later date then. Just as soon as he is ready, we can give it a go.
                  Likewise, have a good weekend. Grass cutting and painting for me - I enjoy one of them - leave you to guess which!

Comment

He knows which one.......

Comment

Can't seem to post anything over the past few days so here to try again.

Comment

This forum is a nightmare alright.
                        How are you Angus - improving?
                        You'll be pleased with me - finally cut the grass - house inspection tomorrow.... No painting and no further with car plan but still planning. What's new with you?

Comment

It certainly has been...
                          Uncle Angus is "fairing up" and thanks you for asking, most kind.
                          He smiled when I told him you'd said he'd be pleased with you - you've achieved a bit more than he has for the time being he said. What's this, no painting, why not, simply not in the mood etc?.... Apologies for a torrent of questions, please don't shoot the messenger. Good luck with the house inspection, sounds painful, hope not so?....

Kate

Comment

Good news that Angus is 'fairing up'. Keep it up!
                            Yes, painting is a mood/mind thing and my mind has been on the car project/stuff I'm trying to figure out. When that gets too much - painting is the antidote. I dip in and out of it at whim - the best way to do anything!
                            Grass cutting however is by necessity. I can easily see how Angus can make himself so popular doing it.- it really is a chore to the rest of us. As well I did it on Tuesday as yesterday here was a day of drizzle start to finish and house inspection is today. Not as bad as it sounds (its a quarterly thing that private tenants endure). Mainly it's about checking for cohabiting and other lease breaches. Wouldn't miss them if they ended though...
                            Hang in there with the recovery Angus, and thanks Kate for keeping us informed.

Comment

Good Morning!
                              Hoping yesterday's inspection went without glitch?
                              Taking Angus to stay at mine for a couple of weeks so we will be offline for a bit. His house is being adjusted to more suit his requirements since the stroke,

Will be back things are more settled.

Kate

Comment

Test

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X