Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crank Position Sensor not budging? Try this...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crank Position Sensor not budging? Try this...

The following I have lifted from another forum. It applies to another (not smart) car but a CPS is CPS and seeing how often they are a PITA to remove on any car, it may be of use. Here you go:

''The cps was solid, mole grips a full tin of wd 40 and 3 days later still would not budge then on the 4th day a slight movement twist pull and jiggle all I could but nothing, the inevitable happened it broke at the top shoulder oh cr*p what to do now. search site for answers could it be drilled out not really cant drill a magnate might go too far and drill actuating ring oh bother the only solution i could find was to remove gearbox and get it out from inside bell housing .
    Me thinks this is turning into a nightmare having to take gearbox out for a piddling little sensor there must be another way.
    I AM NOT ADVOCATING THIS AS A WAY TO DO THIS BUT IT WORKED FOR ME

This is the way I did it let me say this was s**t or bust scenario as i did not know what the outcome might be
    i found a longish screwdriver with a thin blade and a blow lamp kept heating up the end of screwdriver and poking it into hole and burning through plastic round magnate, after about half hour of poking prodding and cursing it all came out a quick clean inside hole and fitted new cps.''

Removing transmission only takes a couple of hours so why not get that crank position sensor out in one piece.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X