rear running lights

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear running lights

i have had fitted some lights as rear running lights in the bottom recesses of my rear panels
    to run same time as my front ones .
    they are dual led lights so have also wire in the brake lights also on the light units .
    being a black car will stand out better ..

I conclude you one of those that drive around with daytime running lights in the dark hence the reason for fitting the rear ones.

Comment

• oldgit
      oldgit commented
      Editing a comment
      TOLSEN
      for your information my front running lights are wired that they go off when i put my sidelights on as the law states in uk ..

tony [ oldgit ]

why dont you just drive with your dip beam on like Volvos? saves butchering the wiring and utilize a feature already standard on the car which requires activating.

Originally posted by tolsen View Post
    I conclude you one of those that drive around with daytime running lights in the dark hence the reason for fitting the rear ones.
    jaguar have started about 2 years ago having the rear lights on as well as the front LED's, but i still stand by actually switching your lights on when it gets dark

Comment

In 1987 my BMW E30 came with a feature called Dim Dip headlights, turn the sidelights on with the engine running and the dip beam would light up at half power. I didn't see the need for it and thought it a waste of time, until I went to Denmark where the law required that you drove with dipped headlights on during daylight hours. This was introduced in all Scandinavian countries to reduce accidents, which it did. Volvo have had drl systems fitted for years, the joke of the time was that if you took the battery off a Volvo the headlights would still stay on. Anyway if you want drl's then fit them, if you don't want them don't fit them. It's your car so do what you want to it, but above all drl's are exactly that, daytime running lights, so when it gets dark turn your dipped beam lights on.

Comment

TOLSEN
        for your information my front running lights are wired that they go off when i put my sidelights on as the law states in uk ..

tony [ oldgit ]
        Last edited by oldgit; 29-11-15, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Whilst consuming a pint of good ale outside the pub this afternoon, I observed almost a dozen cars driving in the dark with only their day time running lights lit.

Comment

I counted close to 50 cars when it was foggy that only had there 'drl' or no lights switched on on my walk to work... I only work over half a mile from home... Thats 50 cars in half a mile with in essence no lights.

Its not UK law that states that your LED's sould dim or switch off, its EU law that has dictated whether they should dim or switch off when you switch your lights on

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X