Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• engine swap: compatibility

Hi,
    I've almost finish my engine swap: fortwo 700cc with a roadster engine (60kw), I have installed the engine, but not the gearbox 60kw and the 60kw ECU yet.

My question is: If I keep the original 450 sam + speedo, is my fuel pump (original 450 700cc) going to be compatible with the 60kw ECU, I have red severals information about the necessity of replacing the fuel pump for the roadster one... But in my opinion, if I keep the original speedo it will be fine. Isn't it ?

Next question, someone told me that I'll have to move the lateral acceleration sensor, and place it lower on the subframe with the 60kw ECU. Is that right ?

I do have an access to a star diagnosis, so I'm going to be able to recode the ESP program and recode the keys when I'll have fitted the 60kw ECU.

Do you have anything to mention about this swap ?
    Last edited by tobtib; 04-01-16, 04:50 PM.

Use the original CARS gearbox, injectors , ecu and fuel pump.
    DONT fit the roadster gearbox.
    The car will work perfectly
    Www.BigPerformance.Co.Uk

020 328 REMAP (02032873627)
    STAR diagnostics. Remapping. Dyno. Key coding
    TAN codes. SCN codes. Body shop. Trimming. Crash repairs

Comment

Ok, that's exactly what I'm running with, I have the roadster 60kw engine with blue injectors installed, 45kw gearbox ECU and fuel pump. Why is it a bad idea to fit the roadster gearbox ?
      In fact, yes, the car works pretty good, there is no way to improve the power of the car because the roadster engine is more reliable that the 45kw 700cc stock one.

Thanks
      Last edited by tobtib; 04-01-16, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Put the CARS injectors in it.
        Said that before. Use the correct set up from the ecu. that came with the CAR
        Www.BigPerformance.Co.Uk

020 328 REMAP (02032873627)
        STAR diagnostics. Remapping. Dyno. Key coding
        TAN codes. SCN codes. Body shop. Trimming. Crash repairs

Comment

Hi Big, at this moment the light blue 45Kw injectors are fitted (so the originals one) the only two thing which are NOT stock: Engine (60kw) and turbo 74kw.
          Can you tell me why is it a bad idea to fit the roadster gearbox ?

I appreciate your help.

Comment

Originally posted by tobtib View Post
            Can you tell me why is it a bad idea to fit the roadster gearbox ?
            Because the ratios 3rd to 6th are different and the fortwo ECU only knows its own ratios.

Comment

Yes, I know that, but at the end of my first post, I say that I'm going to fit a 60kw roadster ECU...... and before I want to know if there are any possibilities of problems with fuel pump reading and the lateral accelerator sensor.

I'll edit my first post in order to make that more easier to understand.

Comment

This is what I think!! (maybe i got i wrong)

When fitting a 60kw gearbox ("bad idea") in a 450, you need to change SAM,ECU,,injectors, fuelpump .

Option 1
                SAM,ECU needed from a 450 Brabus (very rare or expensive)
                60kw injectors

Option 2
                SAM, ECU, fuelpump, speedo, injector from a 60kw roadster

"Bad idea", a 60kw gearbox in a 450.
                You've to change gears a lot because of the ratios and the 450 is +- 100kg lighter than a roadster.

Comment

ossy, there is something that interest me in what you said: You are speaking about the fuel pump, why should I change it ?

In fact, I don't need to change the whole set (ECU SAM Speedo) I only need to fit the ECU and recode the keys, beside the speedo and SAM the ECU can be taken apart and replace it won't cause any problems.

Be aware that the smart fortwo brabus has the same gearbox of the roadster 60kw and 74kw.

I have everything, the 60kw injectors, and full set speedo + SAM + ECU from a 60kw // a full set of 450 SAM + ECU + Speedo. Both gearbox (45kw and 60kw)

In the EPC the reference part for the fortwo 45kw fuel pump is Q0010688V001000000 or Q0002585V028000000 the same for the 450 brabus
                  the reference for the 45kw roadster is Q0010690V002000000 the same for the 60kw roadster and 74kw roadster.

So I think and i'm almost sure that you have to change the fuel pump if you fit the roadster speedo otherwise you don't have to, the fuel pump is different because of the layout of the fuel gauge on the speedo and the design of the fuel tank.

Now,the roadster gearbox is a bad idea I agree but they did it on the 450 brabus or 450 night run so..... Tomorrow I'm going to test a 450 brabus to see what it looks like.

Comment

You have asked for help and then ignored what everyone has said (they all have very considerable experience). The best question is why do you want to fit a roadster gearbox? There is little advantage if you are modding the car to go faster (maximum possible attainable speed will actually be less) and if you do not want a faster car you will loose mpg. I have a car with a modded roadster engine and 450 gearbox and a remapped brabus 450 and the brabus is not so much fun to drive as the top gears are too short.

Cheers!

Comment

Hi, I want to fit a roadster gearbox because I want more power but I prefer avoid the remap. By fitting a roadster gearbox with the 60kw ECU I'm sure that the engine can stand the power. I don't know if with a remap my engine will resist.
                      I'm not confident about remaps, there is so many people doing remaps and some have bad experiences.

Comment

Originally posted by tobtib View Post
                        Hi, I want to fit a roadster gearbox because I want more power but I prefer avoid the remap.
                        You will easily gain more power with the remap than you might by putting the Roadster gearbox in

there is so many people doing remaps and some have bad experiences.
                        Then go to a remapper with proven success ,there's a UK one that has commented in this thread ,just not sure where you are ?

Comment

Hi guys, you convince me. I'm going to go for a remap.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X