Hello from Peterborough!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Peterborough!

Hi, stumbled across this group and thought I might get some advice? I have a 2009 Smart ForTwo Passion, diesel 98'000 on the clock, great car, love it, does me proud on my commute which is about 460 a week. I have owned her for 2 years and had a couple of problems, New Springs, these were covered under warrenty, starter motor last summer and now I have a problem with Coils. She is taking quite a while to start in the monrings, I wait for all lights to go off and then turn the key and she tries until eventually catching, the coil light on the dashboard then comes back on for about 30 seconds. I have booked her into the Smart garage but they cannot see her till the 19th Jan, hoping she will make it. Is it advisable to go to my local garage. He services and MOT's her and did the starter motor but doesn't have the experience of Smarts, the starter motor took 9 hours (he never charged me for them all though!) but he could probaly do it sooner. Any thoughs greatfully recieved.

Hey there, welcome to the forum!

From the description, I'd possibly saw a new round of glow plugs are needed (http://www.evilution.co.uk/index.php...engine&mod=956), have they ever been changed before?

Comment

Hi, thank you for replying and not to my knowledge. I have had a look at your link, its beyond my capabilities but think I will speak to my local garage. Nearly at the 100'000 so would hate to wreck them totally.

Comment

Glow plugs, you'll need three of them (better off changing all three).. might be a better financially to buy them your self and ask a garage to fit them.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Smart-Fort...8AAOSwL7VWmWaP

Comment

thank you, just waiting for a call back from my local garage :-)

Comment

Hi, a friend did it for me in the end, cost £40 for replacment glowplugs and after watching the video posted here he had no probles at all. Many thanks

Comment

Good good!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X