I'm still learning...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm still learning...

I have a 2002 ForTwo Passion with ~90k km that needs some TLC. Her roof leaks, her door seals leak, the engine clicks and the belts squeak. Now that the weather is getting warmer, I'm hoping to start fixing her up, but I'm relatively new to the DIY of fixing cars. Tips & tricks appreciated!

Edit: I forgot to mention, previous owner added an oil filter adapter which is cross-threaded with an ancient oil filter, and I have no filter cap to swap out.
    Last edited by jjhurt; 26-02-17, 07:24 AM.

Welcome to the forum!

If it is a coupe, it is ​rare for the roof to leak... has it got a retractable sunroof? Where are the door seals leaking? The other two issues, well I guess the drive belt wants changing (don't get caught out with a squeaking belt flying off whilst on the road - been there before!) and there are some clicks that are normal for the 600cc engine, can you describe this?

Comment

• jjhurt
      jjhurt commented
      Editing a comment
      She's got a glass roof. After reading over some posts on Evilution, I've come to the conclusion that it must be the windshield; it's only enough to dampen the interior after a heavy rain. The doors are growing green algae along the window opening and the rubber seal no longer sits flush with the top of the windows (there's a slight gap). I haven't narrowed down which belt needs changed, but intend to change any/all. As for the clicking, it's nothing that I haven't heard on other Smart cars... It's a continuous clicking/tapping coming from the motor compartment. Not very loud but definitely noticeable.
      Thanks for the response!

Where are you in the world ?
    I have loads of original oil filter hosuings. You are welcome to come down and collect one for free or cover the cost of delivery and I will send one
    Www.BigPerformance.Co.Uk

020 328 REMAP (02032873627)
    STAR diagnostics. Remapping. Dyno. Key coding
    TAN codes. SCN codes. Body shop. Trimming. Crash repairs

Comment

Electric windows can be adjusted to sit straight.

Tapping noise can be hydraulic tappets or timing chain.  Confirm timing chain is tight asap by removing oil filler cap and turning engine by hand whilst observing.

I am impressed me big is offering parts for free.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X