Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello all from Bristol

Hi to the Forum!
    I am the proud owner of a Brabus Nightrun.
    Its my forever car and going to be a family heirloom!!
    A few issues happening at the moment with the non-charging battery.
    So looking for some help from real experts - not the pretend ones at the local garage that I was forced to use - grrrrrrrrrrr!!

So hello again and looking forward to participating in the forum.

Welcome to the forum!

A few issues happening at the moment with the non-charging battery
    I guess the first place is to check that the alternator spins freely and smoothly by hand, the wiring to the alternator is in good condition and the earthing wire in the engine bay and battery are also in good condition.

Comment

Thank you for the welcome!
      The alternator, tensioners and belts have been replaced, although I am not convinced the right alternator was fitted!!
      I know there are several different types available.
      The car drives fine on a "power pack", for a while. Then of course dies...

Is there anyone in the Bristol area that can be recommended, who actually knows what they are doing with a Smart!?
      Any recommendations gratefully received!

I will struggle to get the car any great distance under its own steam...

Comment

If you think the car can make it, Smart Sport in Shepton Mallet is probably your best port of call (http://www.smart-sport.co.uk/). If the alternator was the wrong one though... it could be this. The alternators are specific to specific types of Smart. My wifes 2004 Pulse had the wrong one fitted at one point and the garage, weirdly, wanted to replace the throttle body. It was only when I pointed out that the alternator they fitted must be wrong did they replace it again. Works fine now

Comment

100% recommend Smart-Sport in Shepton Mallet.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X