Fit like

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fit like

Hi everyone, new to this site, I'm looking forward to owning my first Smart car. I currently run a Jag XFR and although you don't buy a jag for the economy, at 18mpg I'd rather use something sensible for pottering around town and going to work
    I'm based in Aberdeen and used smarts are few and far between so they don't come up ofter and when they do the go pdq.

Cheers guys and gals

Originally posted by dolphinfreindly View Post
    Hi everyone, new to this site, I'm looking forward to owning my first Smart car. I currently run a Jag XFR and although you don't buy a jag for the economy, at 18mpg I'd rather use something sensible for pottering around town and going to work
    I'm based in Aberdeen and used smarts are few and far between so they don't come up ofter and when they do the go pdq.

Cheers guys and gals
    Hi and welcome,
    I've only just joined in the last couple of days, so like you a newbie, I'm hoping to get my very 1st Smart on Thursday, It a 2004 fortwo Brabus, so looking forward to a bit of fun.

Comment

Nae bad. Yep, you can guess which city I was born in!
      There's always plenty 451s within spitting distance of Abz on eBay but as you say, 450s are pretty rare up here. Depends what you want and how far you want to travel to get one. Both (450 and 451) have their problems so buy with care. You could be looking for a Roadster though - in which case a wet suit and flippers will be a wise investment.

Comment

If you're in Aberdeen, I'd strongly recommend you look for a southern-UK-based car. Anything north of the midlands will be brown and nasty underneath due to the amount of salt on the roads.

Comment

Thanks all
          I went to view a 451, 2009 passion with heated leather in as near perfect condition in forfar today... I pick her up next weekend woot

Comment

Well all went well and Marcie is comfortable and on my drive.
            I have had the front panels off already as she has a towing frame installed which I'm going to remove completely when I get a new front crash panel/bumper support which is already on its way.
            After filling up, I have got the check engine light, but it was really low on fuel and I filled it, but closer inspection of the fuel cap seal reveals the seal has a break in it so I have also ordered a new seal which will hopefully extinguish the light.

Comment

The check engine light has nothing to do with the fuel cap seal.
              Usually it's just down to a faulty lambda sensor - but it can also be an indication of an engine not in the best of health.

Comment

Well, it won't hurt to fit a new cap as the seal is gone.
                I will keep you posted as to my investigations...

Comment

this is truly the quietest forum i have ever registered on, not a criticism, just an observation

Comment

Originally posted by 137699 View Post
                    The check engine light has nothing to do with the fuel cap seal.
                    Usually it's just down to a faulty lambda sensor - but it can also be an indication of an engine not in the best of health.
                    Thanks 137699, I bow to your superior knowledge
                    I plugged in my eml obd adapter and read the codes and it appears to be the O2 sensor, I believe there are two of them, is it worth replacing both together?

Comment

It (and others) thrived when smarts were new. Now they are just another Renault and bought (or leased) with as much interest as buying a dishwasher. Smart fora now are little more than compendia of answers to enable old smarts to soldier on.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X