X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silverpulse now an Orangepulse.

Hi guys
    Just thought I would give an update on my car,
    I recently managed to purchase a full set of panels for my 04 Silverpulse Cabriolet off ebay for the bargain price of £50 for the full lot...as no one else made a bid.
    With only minor marks to both the rear arches and a small scratch on the bonnet.
    Had to drive from Wakefield to the Lake District to get them but after hiring a Van for £25 for the day, I was happy as larry
    (who is Larry, by the way)

Anyway I have spent the past few weeks rubbing down, flatting of and priming whilst deciding what colour to paint them,

went through lots of choices via photoshop but settled on orange in the end.

It's taken me a few weeks and lots of conversations with my mate from work who lent me his compressor and spray guns etc..as I have never sprayed anything before except old push bikes as a kid etc.

But its finally finished.

Here is the Car from When I 1st bought it earlier this year with Original wheels and Original Panels (which I am lucky enough to still have, though toying with selling the Panels now)

And here in its current slightly bright Orange with Gold Metal Flake finish and Roadster Spinline Alloys, front spoiler colour coded and also the side skirts.

I am quite impressed with how it came out for my 1st go at spraying.

What do you guys think...

Nice! :-)

Funny .. I went and got a quote last to do the same thing to my Smart :-) Going to go Lambo Orange with wet look clear coat and have the wheels done in matt black .. should like quite nice!
    Of course the interior would need reupholstering as well, but all the dash trims can be pulled and done the same orange as the outside.

I WON'T be doing it myself ... not skilled that way :-)

Comment

Great colour choice!

Comment

Looks really good

Comment

Really nice work mate, great color, totally transformed!! cool.

Comment

Looks great!

Comment

Fab-u-luss ! good job !

Comment

That looks like a pro job, not the work of a first timer. Beautiful car!!

Comment

• djewson
                  djewson commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thank you very much.... It was a bit of a trial by fire, not knowing whether it would come out ok. But I'm well happy.

Originally posted by djewson View Post
                I was happy as larry
                (who is Larry, by the way)

He's the guy that invented the bread slicing machine. What was the greatest thing prior to that?

Comment

Impressive, well done!

I would certainly try and keep the original panels (its what I have done with my car) in case if (god forbid) a smash causing damage to the panels.

Comment

• djewson
                    djewson commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I was thinking that today, after my Mrs had a prang in all the rain last night in her car. Luckily not serious or too expensive to fix. So I don't know I'm undecided.
                    I love the car in Orange and think its much better than full silver.
                    I may hang on to them if I can make space for them in the garage for the short term...

• Ocracoke
                    Ocracoke commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I agree with you - A Smart of any variety needs to have a different coloured set of panels to the Tridion.
                    If you can make space for them, do so. It is what I am doing with my black panels but they do take a heck of a lot of room, especially in my ever so cluttered shed.

It's the preparation that's the key to a good result.

Comment

Thanks for all the positive comments guys, I really enjoyed spraying the panels, a lot of hard work prepping and finishing tho..
                    I couldn't be happier with the final result.

Comment

Lovely job, that's the sort of colour a Smart should be, bright & funky.

Comment

Looks great m8! Btw the old wheels look good on my car and your new ones look great!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X