Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aftermath of hitting 2 sheets of plasterboard at 50mph on the A3 ...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aftermath of hitting 2 sheets of plasterboard at 50mph on the A3 ...

I know ... I couldn't believe it either!

I was following a small white van on the A3 southbound, and just after it had overtaken me and pulled back into my lane, three full-size sheets of plasterboard flew up off his roof ... I think one went straight over me, but at least two smashed HARD into the front of my poor smart whilst I was doing about 50mph ... fortunately I was still able to keep control and we both pulled to the side of the road.

To my utter disbelief, these 4 or 5 sheets of plasterboard had been held to his roof-rack with two BUNGEE CORDS ... which had both snapped, unsurprisingly ... what an absolute

When I got home and wiped the front of my smart down with a damp cloth, the only visible evidence was a few tiny scuff marks on the bonnet and plastic radiator grille – so imperceptible in fact that I'm not bothering to claim on my insurance ... or even buy any replacement panels! You can see one of the tiny marks just above the chickenhead smart logo on the bonnet – if you look very closely!

I'm so grateful the aftermath wasn't any worse ... eg. if the plasterboard had smashed through the windscreen and I'd lost control .....

Smarts ... they're a lot tougher than they look!

Thanks for reading

David

This is another piece of proof that white van drivers are not particularly smart. Always watch out and stay well away from those that carry cargo or tools externally.

Comment

Indeed - I was following some chump who had a lawnmower stood upright and unsecured on his trailer yesterday - he was travelling on the main (almost motorway class) A34 at dead-slow speed because even sweeping bends were casing the mower to slide around on his trailer - yet he was quite happily passing laybys and every opportunity to pull over and secure the mower safely. I was convinced I was going to tune into Meridian News last night to hear of a pile up caused by a stray mower in the carriageway.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X