Duplicate posting.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duplicate posting.

Every post I make is accompanied by a ''Leave this page?'' prompt followed by ''time limit between posts'' - despite it being hours since last post. Why so?

Re: Duplicate posting.

I have no idea, but in advance of what David might ask you... what browser and OS are you using?

In retrospect, I suppose "supercalafragalisticexpialadocious" wasn't a great "safe word..."

Comment

That would be correct boss...
      David Spalton (OMA)
      SolidWeb.io-> European hosting at Affordable Prices (20% off with SM20)

Comment

Google and Windows XP.

Comment

Who is your ISP?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          David Spalton (OMA)

Comment

BT.
            Didn't occur with today's post on this thread though - only the 'leave page' prompt.

Comment

i'm getting the same.........

when i click [post quick reply] button i get the "leave this page" statement and occasionally i also get the duplicate posts message which i have had on and off for years (it obviously tryies to submit the same message twice)

glad (sort of) that other people have these issues because i've been made to feel like a spammer and an annoyance in the past for flagging up these things just because it was only me that was reporting them.

i'll let you know if anything changes (wrt the issues)

JJ

www.forfour.co.uk (tech 454) - www.quidco.com/user/417377/1833011/ (free £)

Comment

i'm getting the same.........

when i click [post quick reply] button i get the "leave this page" statement and occasionally i also get the duplicate posts message which i have had on and off for years (it obviously tryies to submit the same message twice)

glad (sort of) that other people have these issues because i've been made to feel like a spammer and an annoyance in the past for flagging up these things just because it was only me that was reporting them.

i'll let you know if anything changes (wrt the issues)

JJ

Comment

Those two posts were 19mins apart from what I can see on tapatalk app. So wouldn't be the standard duplicate post within minutes of each other

The quick reply is filling in the reply box at the bottom. If you type in there then click advanced you get a warning (I think) asking if you are sure.
                  If you them click on advanced then quick reply I think it will post them both?
                  I'll need to play when I have a second but I seam to remember something from years ago about that box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  David Spalton (OMA)

Comment

thats weird.......

what i think has happened there is that i clicked [post quick reply] and then viewed smartz in another tab. when i came back to manaics the "are you sure you want to navigate away from this" was showing so i pressed ok. it must have posted again and this must be what, if i hadn't flicked over to smartz, would have brought up the duplicate post warning due to the time between post and clicking yes.

JJ

Comment

thats defo the case........

1. type rsvp in quick reply box
                      2. click [post quick reply] button
                      3. pop up "are you sure you want to navigate away from this" appears
                      4. click [i want to navigate away] button
                      5. goes to "warning duplicate post....30secs"
                      6. post has still been submitted
                      7. if its more than 30secs before you click [i want to navigate away] then double post

hope that helps

JJ

Comment

test

In retrospect, I suppose "supercalafragalisticexpialadocious" wasn't a great "safe word..."

Comment

works fine for me :|

Comment

Test 1

iPhone4s
                            Safari
                            Typing in quick reply box

JJ

Comment

test 2

laptop
                              google chrome
                              typing in quick reply box

JJ

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X