Moderator approval

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moderator approval

Dunno why I sometimes get the need for 'moderator approval' for some threads/posts? Not like my post count isn't high and I'm also a supporter. Last time my post just disappeared as I suppose the mods are too busy?

Cheers!

Re: Moderator approval

It's to do with spam prevention, if you've posted a link or pictures you might get flagged as spam. I try to get on a couple of times a day and approve posts but its not always possible. Sorry for the delay

Comment

That makes sense as links were involved, just thought filters might be cleverer than that. Thanks for your help.

Cheers!

Comment

we've had to increase the 'severity' of the blocking on links etc, for the reason Jen has said - too many spammers.

Hopefully we'll be able to slacken these restrictions off with a future upgrade of the forum software.

In retrospect, I suppose "supercalafragalisticexpialadocious" wasn't a great "safe word..."

Comment

That's cool guys - appreciate the efforts.

Good to see you posting DD

JJ

www.forfour.co.uk (tech 454) - www.quidco.com/user/417377/1833011/ (free £)

Comment

its a very fine balance stopping the spammers, as their technology is always getting better.
            a few other forums have also had big issues recently, so keeping (or trying to keep) a tight grip on the spammers is a key thing trying to stop the junk they post on forums.

As RacingSnake has already said, we are hoping that it gets better with the upgrades in forum software.

Dave
            David Spalton (OMA)
            SolidWeb.io-> European hosting at Affordable Prices (20% off with SM20)

Comment

is there no way of auto linking/checking to stopforumspam kinda sites??

JJ

- - - Updated - - -

is there no way of auto linking/checking to stopforumspam kinda sites??

JJ

www.forfour.co.uk (tech 454) - www.quidco.com/user/417377/1833011/ (free £)

Comment

it does already. the ones flagged up are suspect within that.

Dave

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                David Spalton (OMA)
                SolidWeb.io-> European hosting at Affordable Prices (20% off with SM20)

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X