Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server Upgrade Soon

Hi everyone,
    Oma (dave) here, the host of smartmaniacs.

Just to give everyone a heads up that SolidWebServices (that I run, and that hosts SmartManiacs), have provisioned a new server.
    This means that the current site will be moved in the weeks to come to the new, more powerful server. The current one is over 2 years old, so I thought it was time to invest and upgrade to the latest hardware.

Few Standard Q's that I will answer.
    When will it happen?
    We have provisioned the server over the last 48 hours and are currently optimising it and setting it up with all the software we need to run the sites.
    Once this has been done and I, and my tech's, are happy with it, we will start bringing sites over to the new server.
    I would imagine this will be in the next week, when it starts to happen.
    But I will give a definate date when the new server is ready.

What does this mean for me?
    Basically not much. On the chosen day, the forum will go offline into maintenance mode, and no posts will be able to be made.
    We will run a backup of the current site, then restore that backup onto the new server.
    The DNS for the site will be updated, and when thats updated the forum will be live on the new server.

What will I do without SmartManiacs for the day?
    Hopefully it wont be a full day, so you can enjoy a walk in the park, learn to Moonwalk, or plan your next mod for your Smart.

Can I keep up to date with how the move is going?
    You sure can if you want to. Just follow us on twitter twitter.com/smartmaniacs and all the info will be posted there.

Any other questions, please feel free to ask away.

All the best

Oma (dave)
    When the
    Last edited by OMA; 19-04-14, 11:41 PM.
    David Spalton (OMA)
    SolidWeb.io-> European hosting at Affordable Prices (20% off with SM20)

Re: Server Upgrade Soon

Guys,
    Further to Davids note, the servers are all commissioned and ready to roll.

We shall be taking the site offline tonight for approximately 24hours (subject to testing).

We apologise for the extended downtime, but its necessary to make sure both the servers... and our new software work correctly.

Thank you for your understanding and continued support

In retrospect, I suppose "supercalafragalisticexpialadocious" wasn't a great "safe word..."

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X