X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SITE UPGRADE FEEDBACK

Hi,
    Please use this thread to report feedback on the upgraded site.
    This was a major upgrade for us, and so inevitably there will be missing items etc, and we will work through these as best we can.
    I felt it important to get the site back online and continue to refine in 'daily use'!.

So have a look around, and let us know!!

In retrospect, I suppose "supercalafragalisticexpialadocious" wasn't a great "safe word..."

I am aware of some obvious missing items, such as the smilies!! these will all be transitioned later this afternoon

In retrospect, I suppose "supercalafragalisticexpialadocious" wasn't a great "safe word..."

Comment

It's a good start, seems quicker and nicely laid out. Plus the logo has returned.

Comment

I think the DNS is still propagating... you got logged in quicker than me!

Comment

Might need to delete cookies/temp files.
          Just tried Firefox and was the old site/server and now in safari and its logged in

D
          David Spalton (OMA)
          SolidWeb.io-> European hosting at Affordable Prices (20% off with SM20)

Comment

Hi!!
            Smarts Rule

Comment

Originally posted by Evilution View Post
              It's a good start, seems quicker and nicely laid out. Plus the logo has returned.
              Cheers chap, been a long few days
              David Spalton (OMA)

Comment

Woo hoo!

Actually managed to get in!
                Looking good so far!
                Keep up the good work!

Bob

Comment

That's a good start

Comment

Doing a few on the fly tweaks so if you see any 'issues' chances are its me who is tweaking with stuff
                    David Spalton (OMA)

Comment

.doh!

Comment

Im having several issues, 1) The site is logging me out after a very short time 2) None of the buttons at the bottom of the page or post work at all 3) When I post a reply I get a screen saying id{xxxxx} and it does nothing until you click back in the browser. Im not too keen on the large post listing, and I preferred the old style because it made finding what I wanted easier. Maybe its the theme? Other than that its not bad. I like how it notifies you that someone has replied to a post you left however is it supposed to send an email as well? that would be really good, maybe its in the options?

Comment

Add to that list that Im getting no formatting either, there were paragraphs in the above post, but its bunched the whole lot together as one large block of text.

Comment

Hiya, you need to have a look around some of the options too, email notifications are available in the notifications area in your settings:
                            http://smartmaniacs.co.uk/settings/notifications
                            The logging out issue will be down to your browser not saving the information, did you clear your browser cache and cookies as per my reply to you on the other thread?

Not sure I understand the post listings being large? but either way, yes it will be the default template. As all of the old templates were incompatible with the new version they will all need to be rewritten. I made the decision to press ahead using this standard template as it seemed quite clean and logical, but I can work on a template option which can alter the view, or condense the lines down to make it faster to view.
                            Thank you for the suggestion

With regards to the paragraphing, I actually had this issue on the old site too... in my case it was the 'forum editor' seemed to be incompatible with Internet explorer 11, I've changed your editor in your settings, so can you see if it works any better for you? this might also just be a result of your cookie settings too :|

Comment

Yes, it was the first thing I tried when I read what you suggested, it didnt make any difference though lol A custom template like it was before would be great, I miss the old colours and layout. But as normal it takes time to adapt and no one likes change! lol I will see if I can get any formatting to work in this message as there is a space above this line. Also Im only getting 2 lines visible in this text box as Im typing thats really annoying as I cant read back what Ive written. Im using Firefox 28.0 I assume you are working on the buttons and ComboID{xxxxx} errors?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X