Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why can't I ?

Why can't I see posts from Thrumbleux ? **

I see nothing from him in threads where he's clearly responded ... because someone else has commented on his reply ?

So what's going on ?

This site doesn't have an ignore list does it ? , not that I've added him to it !... it's just weird , I can't see any posts from him , not a sign ... I can visit his profile , that's about it.

Maybe that's why this site is so quiet? ..... because people can't always see replies perhaps ?

** It's entirely possible that I can't see some others too, but I wouldn't know they've posted unless someone else responds to what they've said and mentions their name in their reply.

Superb!
    I can say what I like about him and he'll never know! Where to start?....

Comment

See , I can see on http://smartmaniacs.co.uk/forum/gene...chnical-issues that Thrumbleux has responded to this thread,. but when I click into the thread .... there's no fricking reply !?!?!?!?

WTAF is that all about then ?!? lol

Comment

Somebody please try quoting his reply and let me see if I can see it , I know for sure I can see Oracokokehoke when he posts , so maybe he can do the deed ?..........

Comment

How ironic - that I am The Almost Invisible Man!

Comment

Originally posted by 10:45PM View Post
            Somebody please try quoting his reply and let me see if I can see it , I know for sure I can see Oracokokehoke when he posts , so maybe he can do the deed ?..........

Can you read my posts if I include a quote?

Comment

Originally posted by Thrumbleux View Post
              Can you read my posts if I include a quote?
              The latest reply from Thrumbleux. The Ignore List should be the reason for this.
              Last edited by Ocracoke; 19-08-16, 09:43 AM.

Comment

I can't find any ignore list , and I certainly wouldn't have put him on it ..... intentionally

Comment

Originally posted by Thrumbleux View Post
                  Superb!
                  I can say what I like about him and he'll never know! Where to start?....
                  You barrrrr,stad lol

Hurrah I have found the list and for some bizarre reason he was on it ?, I certainly didn't do it

Anyway , it's all working ok now , stand down :-)

Most sites (when I actually do use an ignore list) the posts still come up , but it would say 'this user is on your ignore list'

Comment

I've never used ignore lists on any forum on the basis that a thread wouldn't make sense with missing posts. And though we have argued vehemently over many years and two forums, it has never got so personal that either of us would want to blank each other.
                    Maybe just one of those things that computers do unasked - like last week when my backspace button decided it will no longer flip back to the previous page online. It still works with text (ie typing) but to go back a page I have to click on an arrow on the top left of the screen. A first world problem I know, but a PITA nonetheless - unless someone can tell me how to fix it (Windows 8.1 OS BTW).

Comment

You've done what others can't (on their browser) apparently ** .............
                      What browser are you using ?
                      I'm using Firefox and I didn't even know it had this 'feature', but it does., but I can turn it off if I want.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/i...d-c9c86de58ad7
                      Last edited by 10:45PM; 19-08-16, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Browser is Google Chrome - I think!
                        I'll check out the link shortly - cheers.

Comment

I don't use Chrome, but check this out specifically for this problem:
                          http://www.chromeextensions.org/appe...eansbackspace/

Comment

Originally posted by 10:45PM View Post
                            I don't use Chrome, but check this out specifically for this problem:
                            http://www.chromeextensions.org/appe...eansbackspace/
                            But I want to go the other way - and enable backspace!
                            Not sure what happened exactly. I think I hit a sequence of keys or something (Windows 8.1 on a non touch screen but with swipe on mouse pad is way too sensitive - a draught in the room sets it off). If not that, six years after the clamour in that link to disable backspace, perhaps Chrome disabled it an an update. Alt+ left cursor key achieves the same - but is just out of reach of my handspan - dammit!

Comment

Dunno, does Chrome have a 'reset'?

I know firefox does

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X