"Surface" Error CD player

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Surface" Error CD player

Tried using a CD in Smart_Mina's roady and its coming up with "surface" on the display and will not play cd's.
    Have tried different cd's and also a lens cleaner and it still says the same.
    Have found out, if you quickly skip tracks forward a few to start with it will work ok, however leaving it for 5 seconds or so doesn't work.

New cd player? or is there a fix

Re: "Surface" Error CD player

Was it a CD or a CDR ?

If it's a CDR, try burning it a the slowest speed to get the best recording.
    If it was a clean CD , then it's a good bet either the lens is dirty or the laser is knackered.

I don't recommend lens cleaner discs , they don't the job properly and just sweep more dust and junk onto the lens from other areas on the machine, (The little brushes obviously don't lift up whilst they aren't going past the lens).

It needs a proper open up and (very careful and delicate) manual clean of the lens to eliminate any possibility of junk obscuring the optics.
    Last edited by 10:45PM; 18-08-09, 09:00 PM.

Comment

it was a CD-R (new) i've also tried normal audio cd's (the type you buy from a shop lol) and they dont work

Comment

Lens cleaner 3 or 4 times, if it still does it (on a few cd's, try a brand new cheapo from a shop) then id replace...

Comment

Chuck the disc based lens cleaner - they are rubbbbbbbbbish

Comment

I have a roady cd player in the garage, all boxed, ready to send.......

Comment

I always had that error message when trying to gert the Smart CD player to play CD-Rs, buy the real CD instead :p

Comment

Originally posted by smart_jimmy View Post
                i've also tried normal audio cd's (the type you buy from a shop lol) and they dont work

Comment

Ah, oops!

Your CD player's fecked then

Comment

Take it apart, check the connections and clean the laser head with a cotton bud and some alcohol.

Comment

I had that same problem with mine before i replaced it with a pioneer head unit. It only used to do it when the car was hot in the sun so assumed temperature had something to do with it.

Dan

Comment

cd players dont also like damp conditions if there is condensation inside the cd player or the discs , used to have this problem with my old fiesta years ago!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X