X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: beginers guide to car audio...

thank you kind sir....

don't need the links unless you are planning changing your photobucket links in the near term

JJ

www.forfour.co.uk (tech 454) - www.quidco.com/user/417377/1833011/ (free £)

Comment

that is a fantastic read!

if only every customer I had to deal with could have some knowledge of what was written there, it'd make my life so much easier!

one addition (if i may) would be audison's bit 10 to the line out convertors/eq's as it is dedicated for high level inputs.

Cache also have a number of line out converters, all of which have outstanding low level output voltage!

nice read!

Comment

Great info, very helpful! But now I have a question....

I'm considering throwing my standard stereo away and replacing it with a 7" Android tablet, using it as a sat-nav, to run Torque - an app which gives a digital dashboard from the OBD port via bluetooth - and finally as a music player.

My question is: The output from the tablet will need to be interfaced into an amp, will I need some form of pre-amp to match the tablet's speaker output to the amps input?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan.e View Post
          Great info, very helpful! But now I have a question....

I'm considering throwing my standard stereo away and replacing it with a 7" Android tablet, using it as a sat-nav, to run Torque - an app which gives a digital dashboard from the OBD port via bluetooth - and finally as a music player.

My question is: The output from the tablet will need to be interfaced into an amp, will I need some form of pre-amp to match the tablet's speaker output to the amps input?

Thanks!
          you can use something like a hifonics HFEQ to take care of that, although you won't have the best quality (as you're going to use the tablet's internal DAC - digital audio converter)

specs on the link...

http://www.soundevo.co.uk/shopexd.asp?id=309

Comment

Thanks for the info!

Much as I hate to admit it, sound quality is not a huge issue for me as my hearing is shot. My hearing frequency response drops off very rapidly above 2KHz and I have to wear hearing aids to rectify this deficiency.... Don't get old!

Comment

I think this information is far too valuable to be left in this format - for a start could the moderators make it a sticky so its permanently easily accessible in the ICE section?

Any suggestions as to how it could be made more readable - layout wise?
              Obviously Sidle went with what was available i.e spreading over several consequtive threads

I can well imagine people using it as a reference document and it will get niggly

Comment

Definitely a lot of reading to sludge through there. It would be nice to see something more tailored to smart fitments as your really gonna struggle to fit a tuned sealed box for even an 8" sub in any smart with out loosing much needed space unless a disco on wheels is your after and unless you go for custom door builds your stuck with finding better quality to fill the standard space, but thats no issue as theres plenty that do the job from JBL, Alpine etc..
                That said for any one that hasn't a clue where to start as far as an audio install goes there is a terrifying selection of choice out there and any unbiased help in the right direction is good

Comment

Originally posted by da_glu View Post
                  you can use something like a hifonics HFEQ to take care of that, although you won't have the best quality (as you're going to use the tablet's internal DAC - digital audio converter)

specs on the link...

http://www.soundevo.co.uk/shopexd.asp?id=309
                  Or could use the jl cleensweep or even the audison bit 1

Comment

Originally posted by sidle View Post
                    Or could use the jl cleensweep or even the audison bit 1
                    although both great units...they're not cheap

if someone was working to a budget then it's a great unit(having lived with one myself for a little under 2 years)

will have to wait and see of the audison units sound as good as the reviews say they are!(i've already had a play with the software and all i can say is WOW!)

Comment

You'll love the range of adjustment in the audison, my only observation was mine got quite hot, but was replaced under warranty

Comment

You'll love the range of adjustment in the audison, my only observation was mine got quite hot, but was replaced under warranty
                        i've already got a set of fans that I will be running with.

http://www.stingerelectronics.com/pr...0&CategoryID=3

one for the amplifier, and one for the processor

had the system battery delivered today, and I can't wait!

Comment

Cannot fault the stinger stuff, currently for two of there gel batteries to be delivered!

Comment

Cannot fault the stinger stuff, currently for two of there gel batteries to be delivered!
                            not a fan of their batteries; the guys at work run them and are always complaining about the voltage! (mainly as they cheaped out and have poor alternators)...but I'm yet to experience a system with stinger batts that are problem free!

what system are you running/planning on running? you've got quite a bit of good kit from what i can see so far!

would love a listen!

Comment

Stickied

Comment

Originally posted by da_glu View Post
                                i've already got a set of fans that I will be running with.

http://www.stingerelectronics.com/pr...0&CategoryID=3

one for the amplifier, and one for the processor

had the system battery delivered today, and I can't wait!

From an engineering point of view, something needing more fans is a shame, they should of included something already.....

When my bit 10 :censor: arrives I will let you know..........

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X