My First Mods.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My First Mods.....

Only just got my 451 Cabby and was really disapointed with the sound so decided to install a pioneer f900BT.

Also new Infinity door speakers and nice Tweeters installed in the air vents

All sounds superb now!

Many thanks to evilutions site for the info in changing the non standard layout of the iso plugs! (and the tweeter mounting idea)

Re: My First Mods.....

wow - excellent placement of those tweeters! i'm a big fan of that!! well done mr evil......

JJ

www.forfour.co.uk (tech 454) - www.quidco.com/user/417377/1833011/ (free £)

Comment

Scratchnumeric - good to see you back. Are you going to leather this one too?

I can't take credit for the tweeter placement, I saw them on the S-mann project car and thought I'd give it a go.
      By far the best placement I have tried and they look stock.

Comment

Agreed, those tweeter placements look great!

In retrospect, I suppose "supercalafragalisticexpialadocious" wasn't a great "safe word..."

Comment

That is the second Double Din Surround i used, the first was a Connects 2 it looked cr@p, needed a second smaller frame around the headunit, (see pic below) the one in the top pic is recommended on Kanes site, from Smartmodz looks much neater and the colour was a better match and didnt need a cage,as it had side lugs that fitted where the rollers on the original radio went.

I may leatherise it , i`ve already had the dash out and it looks alot easier than the 450, just straight, no curves. the problem is the door cards, they look like theyre melted in, other people have done them so there is a way. i already painted the instrument plastics in silver, including the boomerangs either side of the dash (you can just see in the pic) 100% improvement over the grey with glitter.

Last edited by scratchnumeric; 07-05-12, 04:16 PM.

Comment

We have to ship those double DIN surrounds from America but they are worth it. As you say, fitting is much better with the brackets and the fact that the radio slides in from the back.

The top and bottom dash parts do look a lot easier to cover but you are right about the door cards, they are held in with melted tabs. Not the end of the world but does make it a lot harder than the 450 and Roadster.

Comment

Originally posted by scratchnumeric View Post
              ...the one in the top pic is recommended on Kanes site, from Smartmodz looks much neater and the colour was a better match and didnt need a cage,as it had side lugs that fitted where the rollers on the original radio went.

it also fits the forfour and makes a great double din install as well...

and this is how the radio mounts into the surround....

JJ

Comment

Nice ! what model is that Pioneer headunit? Does the screen detatch?

i got one of these dummy facias from ebay... to put the Chavs off nicking my headunit.

looks like this...
                Last edited by scratchnumeric; 07-05-12, 04:13 PM.

Comment

It's the pioneer app radio - no cd player but radio and Bluetooth phone plus it runs a number of apps off your iPhone.

With the double din surround, it fits from the rear so can't be removed without taking the dash apart

But I like that fake cover.....

JJ

Comment

Hey there I'm just about to try do this to my car and just wondering when you take the vent part off as followed so now you have the vent where the heat comes up as followed where did you take the wires and will the heat affect the tweeters ?

Sent from my iPhone

Comment

No, the heat won't affect the tweeters or the wires.

Comment

Nice tweeter placement on par with mirror covers but less work

Comment

Originally posted by Evilution View Post
                          No, the heat won't affect the tweeters or the wires.
                          Thanks for that and will it be ok to drill a hole in the side of the channel vent then ?

Was eying up this spot too is it a maybe or a no go ??

Originally posted by adrimo View Post
                          Nice tweeter placement on par with mirror covers but less work
                          Wanted to put it on the mirror cover but lot of work really ! And don't know if ill do a good job that I'll be happy with !

Sent from my iPhone

Comment

Where is that in the roof?

Comment

Not roof side panel of the roof like right tear your ear ?!

Sent from my iPhone

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X