Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My DRL install on 2013 facelift smart 451

Hey there!

Just thought i would share my latest DIY, i have installed some custom DRL's on my 2007 smart car but it has 2013 body panels fitted!

The DRL's come on when i unlock the car, then stay on with the ignition and then stay on again for approx 20 seconds once i exit the car! also they dim to 50% brightness when sidelights come on so as not to blind other drivers.

The DRL's and various controllers where all bought off ebay and the whole thing cost me around £60 was a bit of a pain to wire all the various parts together but now i could't be happier with the look.

Video below:
    Custom fit smart 451 DRL - YouTube

Thanks!

Re: My DRL install on 2013 facelift smart 451

hi - can you link to the DRLs you bought - they seem lovely and bright!!

great install as well.......... car looks sweet!!

JJ

www.forfour.co.uk (tech 454) - www.quidco.com/user/417377/1833011/ (free £)

Comment

I would also like to know which DRLs you used and where you got them.

Comment

Hi
        What kind of relay did you use? Any links what you used? Please

Comment

I saw this they look really good. Gonna do this to mine in the coming year. Any info on where you got the bits you needed would be appreciated. Allthough they look like the standard ones you can buy on ebay that are the same design as the original smart ones. As Im gonna change the front splitter and the rear valence from the plain plastic ones I thought I would buy the DRL version of the inlays as they arent on my 2013 pure. The relay in question would just be one that is rated to work with the amount of power you are going to be switching and what level you are switching with. As long as you can get one like that then it wouldnt be a problem.

Comment

I saw this they look really good. Gonna do this to mine in the coming year. Any info on where you got the bits you needed would be appreciated. Allthough they look like the standard ones you can buy on ebay that are the same design as the original smart ones. As Im gonna change the front splitter and the rear valence from the plain plastic ones I thought I would buy the DRL version of the inlays as they arent on my 2013 pure. The relay in question would just be one that is rated to work with the amount of power you are going to be switching and what level you are switching with. As long as you can get one like that then it wouldnt be a problem.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X