Active subs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Active subs

I would like just a wickle more base from factory stereo, I have upgraded the speakers but I think I am limited as to what performance I get by the head unit and I dont want to change the head unit as like the factory look. So can anyone suggest an active sub, small enough to fit my 452? I dont want anything too basey, just enough to give some depth to the sound. I have the sound chip which is ok but nothing special. Any help will do.

Cheers.

Re: Active subs

I have not used them but you probably want something like

Infinity basslink
    Focal ibus

They can fit under seats if you have space or behind Seat

Comment

You can fit a small sub behind the passenger seat.
      When TR.n comes back on line (hopefully this week) I'll point you to the how-to guide on installing this.

I added an Alpine SWD-1600 small active sub behind the passenger seat - with the standard Grundig radio & upgraded speakers the result is very impressive.

Comment

I found the swd-1600 lacking in punch for the money in my fortwo and it only lasted 2 weeks before I swapped it out for a decent active sub.

Picked up a 10" flitrap off eBay for £15 and the difference was beyond compare.

But you are limited by space unless you have a coupé

JJ

www.forfour.co.uk (tech 454) - www.quidco.com/user/417377/1833011/ (free £)

Comment

Originally posted by problemchild1976 View Post
          I found the swd-1600 lacking in punch for the money in my fortwo and it only lasted 2 weeks before I swapped it out for a decent active sub.

Picked up a 10" flitrap off eBay for £15 and the difference was beyond compare.

But you are limited by space unless you have a coupé

JJ
          I have a coupé but really want it behind the seat and not in the conservatory. I am only after a we bit, i don't want to shake the panels off the poor thing.

Comment

Dai, if you fancy a trip down the A34 (I'm about 15 mins past Newbury and just off the A34 where it meets the A303) you're welcome to come have a listen to my setup....

Comment

I fitted the Clarion SRV-303 to my wifes City-coupe behind the drivers seat. I found it rounds off the sound, not thumping bass. You think it doesn't add much to the sound until you switch it off!

In my City-coupe I built a box which fits behind the driver seat & is fitted with a 6" sub, originally an Elemental Design e3.6, but now a Gradient MDS06, (as I popped the ED e3.6 with to much Dub reggae...lol). This is driven by a Vibe Blackbox 1 amplifier, which is fitted under the passenger seat.

Have a look here for some more ideas,
              http://www.evilution.co.uk/index.php?menu=ice&mod=147

Comment

Take your pick
                http://www.evilution.co.uk/147

Comment

I got the inphase USW10 for Christmas and it very impressive indeed good quality cables and connections and an external remote that reaches up the drawer under the head unit.

Comment

Originally posted by smart.....arse View Post
                    I got the inphase USW10 for Christmas and it very impressive indeed good quality cables and connections and an external remote that reaches up the drawer under the head unit.
                    There is no drawer unit in a 452.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X