Bosch lowline/entryline line output

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bosch lowline/entryline line output

Does anyone know if there are line outputs on the Bosch low/entryline radios, I've had a good search around the internet in general but couldn't find any reference to them or indeed a photo showing the rear connections, I know there are USB and line inputs, but I'm hoping to fit some Focal components in the doors and amplify them so they work as intended.

I know you can use line level converters from the speaker outputs, but I am really not a fan of these.

Not according to the pinout diagrams by Evilution.

Comment

Thanks, I'd already checked those out (bought Evilution memebrship before I bought the car haha), there's an illustration of the pin outs, but not an actual photo so I can't see if the socket has populated pins or just empty pins.

I'll remove the radio and check the pins directly, if none of the pins have line out I'll tap into the amplifier IC directly like we did before RCA outputs became standard

Comment

I have been trying to get hold of a reasonably priced lowline so I can check the outputs on my oscillioscope but haven't had any luck getting one so far.
        Have a look at the correct outputs of the Highline (not the ones claimed by Bosch that I had to take a Highline apart to disprove) as they may share a pin out.
        The high line has pre-amplified outputs so you never know.

Comment

I strongly doubt there is but you can use high level to low level output converter, or buy an amp that accepts high level inputs if you have not already bought the amp yet Or just buy a better head unit

Comment

Cheers Evilution, that sounds like a plan. I'll post up anything I find that may be of use.

Adrimo, the amp I have can take high level inputs, but I'd really prefer to avoid them if there's a relatively easy way to find some line outs, I'm not an audio purist but line level converters aren't my thing.

I have thought about an aftermarket head unit, but as I'll only ever use the radio and line in/usb the extra features would be wasted and figure that even as a worst case I'd only have to open the lowline up and add my own pre-outs, not to mention I'm a bit of a tight-wad.

Comment

I was contacted by a nice chap offering to donate his old removed lowline stereo so hopefully I'll have one some time next week to check.

Comment

That would be great if you could, cheers!

Comment

Evilution did you get the radio, if not let me know Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Yep, got the stereo, took it apart, went all over it and found a few things in regard to the connections, however, no preamp output.
                    I found 2 connections internally that probably have the preamp left and right signals that could be jumper cabled to a pair of the unused connections though.

Comment

Originally posted by Evilution View Post
                      Yep, got the stereo, took it apart, went all over it and found a few things in regard to the connections, however, no preamp output.
                      I found 2 connections internally that probably have the preamp left and right signals that could be jumper cabled to a pair of the unused connections though.
                      Interesting stuff, I don't suppose you have a photo of the output stage IC or know the part number of it so I can find a datasheet for it?

The reason I ask is that way back in the day, before pre-outs became the norm I used to modify radios to provide pre-outs, the first version involved tapping directly into the volume control knob (showing my age here), but with the advent of digital volume controls this was no longer an option, so would tap into the input pins of the output stage IC's and run the signal out on pig-tails or sockets mounted on the rear panel of the radio.

Comment

Email me through my site and I'll send you a photo of what I think. I didn't bother looking at the IC, I just traced it back from the physical outputs until I got to the other side of the transistor amp.
                        The solder pads are a more sensible size there too.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X