X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buckster
    started a topic Tweeter frequency response

Tweeter frequency response

Does anyone know what the frequency response of the standard Smart tweeters is? I have them in my 2003 coupe and want to put a crossover in for an aftermarket head unit, the markings only show the impedance, I know the crossover point will be between 2.5khz and 4khz but an exact figure would be good so I can just use a stage 1 Butterworth crossover.

• Buckster
    replied
    Originally posted by bob-in-dav View Post

If you do go for the Sony DAB bluetooth setup I'd advise not to use a stick on screen antenna for the DAB as your wiper will almost certainly interfere with the signal as it passes close by (been there and binned that!).
    You can get a nice little splitter box that uses the original fm antenna and has a take off for the DAB.
    Good advice, thanks for that, I was looking at the windscreen antennas.

Leave a comment:

• bob-in-dav
    replied
    Originally posted by Buckster View Post
    I have put together a stage 1 Butterworth crossover which is running the tweeters at 3khz plus. Major faff around, took nearly ten whole minutes, sounds great with a borrowed Sony head unit, I may pop a DAB unit in as I can pick one up with Bluetooth hands free and USB for £80 at the moment.

If you do go for the Sony DAB bluetooth setup I'd advise not to use a stick on screen antenna for the DAB as your wiper will almost certainly interfere with the signal as it passes close by (been there and binned that!).
    You can get a nice little splitter box that uses the original fm antenna and has a take off for the DAB.

Leave a comment:

• 10:45PM
    replied
    That sounds like a real faff

i-swear-to-god-if-i-could-see-half-of-_fc39522ea8dc2a17c5473335adfd8b00.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Buckster
    replied
    I have put together a stage 1 Butterworth crossover which is running the tweeters at 3khz plus. Major faff around, took nearly ten whole minutes, sounds great with a borrowed Sony head unit, I may pop a DAB unit in as I can pick one up with Bluetooth hands free and USB for £80 at the moment.

Leave a comment:

• adrimo
    replied
    Buckster try Facebook for feedback there are a few groups and people who like to help, your more likely to get an answer to your question rather than an answer to something nobody asked

Leave a comment:

• tolsen
    replied
    Originally posted by 137699 View Post
    Stick with the standard headunit and inbuilt crossover. IT's not worth changing to aftermarket.
    I agree 100℅.

Leave a comment:

replied
    kiss.gif.. Harsh but fair lol

Leave a comment:

• Buckster
    replied
    I was actually more bemused by the "state of the keyboard" response that had nothing to do with the question I asked in the opening post. You instantly went off on your personal rant, the Internet of course attracts this kind of thing. I am sorry you live in an area that is akin to a B rated apacolypse movie with burning cars and neds stealing anything that sparkles a little. I don't live somewhere like that so I can't speak into your experiences but conversely without additional information or a request for advice perhaps you should have considered wether or not you were able to answer the opening post rather than instantly heading off on some sort of wild and indeed inept tangent.

Leave a comment:

replied
    There is no "software" to operate the tweeters. The CD units all have the function, while the tape units take a plug in module which you would have on your current one if it was a tape unit. And you can add Bluetooth & USB to the standard units very cheaply and easily.

I have been through the process of fitting aftermarket radios - they sound ****, they look **** and they tend to result in a smashed window and a hole in the dashboard. My personal opinion is that keeping the OEM is a much better solution that if done correctly will be a better package.

You're obviously got your mind set on doing it your way so good luck. I was only trying to save you hassle, though it appears you have taken it as criticism for some reason.
    Last edited by 137699; 02-11-16, 10:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

replied
    https://www.smart-stuff.parts/radio-...450-fortwo-127

Leave a comment:

• Buckster
    replied
    As far as buying a second hand head unit. For one thing there is nothing to say any unit I would buy would have the correct software to operate with the tweeters, for another it is still going to be an old unit, for a little more money I can have Bluetooth hands free and USB so buying a second hand unit really makes no economic sense. Putting a crossover in will cost me about £5 in components, it really is a no brainer.

Leave a comment:

commented on 's reply
    Well you did not state that anywhere on this thread. And in any case, why not just buy a replacement original headunit - they're not exactly expensive on ebay....

• Buckster
    commented on 's reply
    Pity you failed to consider that the existing head unit is kaput. Thank you for your complete lack of input.

replied
    Lol

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X