Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New HU - Canbus issues?

Hi
    My wifes 450 Passion has the original Grundig cassette HU fitted. I want to swap it for something more modern - able to Bluetooth, play MP3's etc.
    Is anyone aware of any Canbus issues with doing this?
    My last car, a Citroen Grand Picasso would only turn on if the new HU was programmed into the ECU at a dealer cost of £45.
    Is Canbus an issue?

No, you won't have an issue with CANBUS in the 450. My wife's 2004 700cc Pulse has a aftermarket Pioneer radio fitted and that works fine. The only issue you may come across is that the switched and permanent feeds may need swapping over so that it remembers radio stations et al.

Comment

You'll be throwing the baby out with the bathwater. Yes you can fit an aftermarket radio,but it will look rubbish, it won't follow the curved contours of the dashboard, it will likely produce poorer sound quality (particularly if you have the sound pack - the resulting sound from an aftermarket radio will be a mush), and it will make your car a target for thieves.

For the same money or less, why not add a Bluetooth / USB / MP3 gateway to your existing radio - Parrot do a number of systems that are plug and play.
      Or buy an input for the existing on-board mini-ISO AUX socket so you can plug in your phone/MP3 player.

Comment

Originally posted by 137699 View Post
        Or buy an input for the existing on-board mini-ISO AUX socket so you can plug in your phone/MP3 player.
        Does the Grundig CD player/radio have one of those?

Comment

Originally posted by Thrumbleux View Post

Does the Grundig CD player/radio have one of those?
          Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckster View Post

Yes.

Where?

Comment

It is on the back of the unit.

Comment

• Thrumbleux
                Thrumbleux commented
                Editing a comment
                Cheers!!!!