Have yellow 450, want black

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have yellow 450, want black

Would be interested in panel swopping my yellow 450 panels for black. Peterborough area. Is this the sort of job that could be best done in a couple of months time, when it's not so cold and wet, side by side ?

Re: Have yellow 450, want black

It is something that can be done in 30min(max, if you have done it before) in a parking garage. The doors seems to be the most tricky, but really isnt a big thing.

Comment

best done in warmer conditions though as the thinner parts of the panels become brittle!

30mins MAX..... to swap panels?? really?? all of them? i'd like to see that?

JJ

www.forfour.co.uk (tech 454) - www.quidco.com/user/417377/1833011/ (free £)

Comment

What's up? Gone off yellow?

T

Comment

Wellll, I do still like yellow as it stands out so much, but my Granddaughter has started calling it "Grandad's Noddy Car", so I did think about getting the wheel arches painted red.
          I hadn't thought about panel swops, but my daughter reckoned they look better in black, and I do really like the matt black wrapped one that has been shown on the forums.
          If I had the opportunity I would like to put a Brabus front spoiler on and black wheels with a red rim-line. All costs though doesn't it ? I have an idea to get a new set of Roadster steel rims and have them powder coated black, then use the opportunity to put 185 tyres on all round.

Comment

MikieW used to be the fastest I knew - can't remember what his time was now though!

Comment

I can do front in 10mins but then another 10mins to refit (so that's 20mins just to do the front if you are both working on a car each), doors are harder though and you need to tKe time to avoid scratching trid or snapping clips

JJ

Comment

I can have all panels off apart from the doors in about 15-20 minutes. Haven't managed the doors yet, reckon I'm the wrong height to get my knee in :redface:

Comment

Getting off is ok!! Getting 2 sets off is harder!! Fitting 2 sets is time consuming

Use your hip..... Easier and less painful

JJ

Comment

Originally posted by markb View Post
                    Wellll, I do still like yellow as it stands out so much, but my Granddaughter has started calling it "Grandad's Noddy Car", so I did think about getting the wheel arches painted red.
                    I hadn't thought about panel swops, but my daughter reckoned they look better in black, and I do really like the matt black wrapped one that has been shown on the forums.
                    If I had the opportunity I would like to put a Brabus front spoiler on and black wheels with a red rim-line. All costs though doesn't it ? I have an idea to get a new set of Roadster steel rims and have them powder coated black, then use the opportunity to put 185 tyres on all round.
                    Noddy! :-) Now that's funny. Trust little kids to embarass you anytime!
                    My family call mine half a car.

Good luck with your mods. I'm a bog standard guy. Buy the car, jump in it and drive. No mods for me. Although I've always had a hankering to build a kit car, though I wouldn't know where to start and our new house doesnt even have a garage! So the first task would be to build one! Can't see it happening.
                    :-(

T
                    T

Comment

Originally posted by MrPoo View Post
                      I can have all panels off apart from the doors in about 15-20 minutes. Haven't managed the doors yet, reckon I'm the wrong height to get my knee in :redface:
                      Shortarse

Comment

Don't paint the yellow panels! You could either wrap the arches or try and get the red and swap the arches alone.

Comment

Okey, maybe 30min is a bit short for taking both apart. But 30min is not a problem if the other set is allready off. And offcourse im using a electric screwdriver.

Im not using my knee for the doors. I start to push the plastic in from the bottom with my fist and pushing it upwards. And it snaps off easily.

Comment

Yeah I guess - I was talking removal of 2 sets and fitting of 2 sets

I would allow 2 hours including tea break

JJ

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X