No announcement yet.

what made you buy your smart?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing wrong with calling it baby! Mines called Baby Freak! refered to always as Baby x

Comment

I Saw one and fell in love! I drove one and thats when i knew one would be mine even if i had to give everything else up (i havnt of course so cheap in all ways i didnt need to, bonus!!) Now i even look forward to going to work just for the hour i get driving my Baby! It was love at first site and she hasnt let me down yet! x x

Comment

I saw one of the early LHD imports and thought WOW it was lime green scratch, silver tridion fantastic
        so why did it take years for my wife and i to buy one.We both have Smarts now, and love em to bits.

Mick.
        Last edited by mickadams; 18-11-04, 09:28 PM.

Comment

fun fun fun fun and more fun to drive, after the test drive in a roadster I had to get one + its saving me money on my last car. Bonus!

Comment

I just had to have one, I do the "small" thing these day's.....

Mr Abarth the well known small Fiat tuner would have approved of a car like this.

The days of the small fast Abarth 500cc & 600cc rear engined cars are gone:- enter the Smart car, people don't know what's happend when you take them from the lights.....

Over the last two years my cars been like a "Meccano kit" and test bed...

I've enjoyed using it, and working on it during the last 9,000 miles.

It's now sub 10sec's 0-60, and handles like a go kart....

I had a VX220 before the Smart, it was boring......
            Enjoy !!!!

Comment

Re: what made you buy your smart?

Many reasons:

Always wanted a convertible.

Wanted to reduce the cost of my motoring.

Coming from an engineering background I admire the bravery and original Thought that went into developing and building such a unique vehicle, abnd appreciate them as an engineering exercise.

I think they are beautiful. (ForTwo)

I wanted a car that while essentially cheap to run was still "fun."

Comment

1. Rented a ForTwo for a week a few summers back - instantly fell in love.

2. I needed a car for commuting (my 1.6 Golf was costing £50 a week in petrol - this costs £15 tops)

3. I love the custom paint on the one I eventually bought.

4. FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN

Comment

As I mentioned in my blurb in my profile: I learned to drive because of the smart. So buying a smart was my goal! I was going into Green Park tube station in 2002 and saw this tiny smart centre in the stairwell of the tube station (it was below the Mercedes Mayfair showroom, but the whole thing is now a Simply Food). I kept thinking about the little smart car and then began to think about learning to drive, which was a big step for me, as I was VERY anti-car and cycled everywhere or used public transport. I started to learn to drive in 2003 and kept stopping lessons. I failed twice, but the third test saw me THRILLED and the next day I went to the smart center by Selfridges, imagining buying a car would be like buying a jumper... "Yes, we have what you'd like in stock in the garage around the corner". My grin was wiped off my face when the sales person told me I'd have a wait a while until all the papers were in order. My driving license would take about three weeks to arrive anyway, so I was Oystering about London for a bit longer than I'd thought... but the 20th June 2005, I drove my car out of the smart center and through the West End and have not stopped smiling ever since! I think the smart is the best car on the road. There's nothing I'd rather drive!

Comment

Bought my roadster when i drove past a merc garage with loads of them parked at weird angles on a grass banking, decided to go for a test drive and discovered i don't like braking for corners any more.

Comment

One reason...

I had a Ford Focus... had to get rid of it... cos it was poo... so I bought a forfour instead.

Comment

1. Really wanted an old beetle, but it would just be too impractical in the city
                        2. New car without beetle problems (well, kind of
                        3. Small! Parking! Perpendicular parking is very important (I hate the idea of the 270cm 2007-model of ForTwo which will make this impossible).
                        4. Looks. Cute, funky and all that.

Comment

Originally posted by putzie
                          me ,well i have a thing for small cars because i used to have a suzuki whizz kidd when i was a tenager (i had two of them infact) so i feel like i am reinacting my youth. the five grand asking price for a brand new pulse with all the trimmings kind of makes up your mind for you!
                          Yay - I thought I was the only one who had one of those - In fact I had 2, a black one was my first ever car and then a silver one a couple of years later.

I brought mine because I always buy with the heart and can't resist something that is different (what is the appeal of all those Euro-boxes that drive around?)

Oh yes, and as someone else has put, its stops you having to be the designated driver!

Comment

see my signature below for my reason!!!

Comment

I bought my smartie cause firstly, i'm jst 5ft, im only just out of these new child seat laws!!!!

Also: the suzuki vitara i had before, was a beautiful car, wide boy, phat body kit and everythin, however it was too expensive to run, didnt suit me at all, and drifted like mad, was quite scary to drive, and i have loved these little baby cars since they were brought out to start with! :lovesm:

Comment

S maller than my old C180 Merc
                                M uch more fun
                                A lways thought they looked 'cool'
                                R eally economic
                                T ax and insurance cheaper

Nuff said!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...