do police stop your smart?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: do police stop your smart?

been pulled 2wice in my 4 yrs of driving. not in mt smart though, both in a old 'd' reg VW jetta! (loved that car)

had been driving for less than a year, was a little pissed (angry) and went for a drive was doing 50 in a 30 :S as i came across a panda car pulling out of a side road! :S whoops, didn't break hard just let off, got followed a good half a mile driving like a respectable driver. then got pulled. officer then asked if i had any ID on me, i then said 'surprisingly i have my driving license!' officer then proceeded to tell me i needed a indicator bulb, i then calmly said no i don't, its the wiring on the front indicator and was pay day that friday would sort it then, he didn't look too impressed then he said, 'going a bit fast back there?' i then asked him to look at my licence and said 'sorry i havent been driving long and only had the car 2 weeks still getting used to it' was waiting for the you should slow down and be a little more carefull while u learn the car! but just got a 'ok well drive carefully'. bonus! got off with that one.

second one, dropping a mate off from college saw the officer in my mirror leaving the a2, pulled into m8s road, he had dissapeard at that point, stop up safely on the side of the road, look in my mirror he has appeared out of nowhere! he gets outof the car looking no older than me at the time, thought great! a newbe!
    this is how the convo went.

officer: is this your car?
    me: no its my dads. (it was bought by my dad as a £50 present for passing my test)
    officer: are you allowed to drive the car?
    me: yes, im a named driver!
    officer: so what are you 2 upto?
    me: dropping my m8 home from college
    officer: where have you been?
    me: .........................................college.. .................................
    officer: where are you going now?
    me: home, iv been at college all day!
    officer: ok, have you got anything in the car you shoulden't have? like drugs?
    me: no! do you want to have a look? *displaying arms to show officer the car*
    officer: ok then!
    then he just walks off and gets in his car and drives off.
    no ID check. which i found odd!?!?

not complaing because i know they have a hard job! just that second one got to me as he was serching for somthing and lookd really pissed off when he couldent find anything, he had a high and mighty attitude the whole time!
    well all that over!
    i am looking into joining so everyone in the east kent area watch out!

Comment

Been stopped once, in the middle of the night (when I was working nights) for a "routine vehicle check" I think they just wanted to breathalyse me but saw me in my work clothes (lovely orange hi-viz) and just had a nose round the car and asked me loads of questions. I also got a few compliments

Was changing an indicator bulb at a petrol station in London once, infront of a police van full of them, they watched me do it, then one of them sauntered over to congratulate me on changing the bulb then asked my name to verify the car wasn't stolen as it wasn't registered to the area.

Comment

Never in the roadie. Been pulled a few times in the old battleship Volvo, all when driving away from pubs after midnight from gigs, all following much the same script:

PO: [what's all this then?]
        FR: been playing a gig in [name of pub] officer, on my way home now
        PO: (clocking car full of amps etc) had anything to drink sir?
        FR: no officer, I'm the singer, can't touch any when I'm singing or I lose my voice
        PO: goodnight sir

Which is fine, right and proper.

Never been pulled (or otherwise done) for speeding on account of (a) I don't take the piss and (b) I've been lucky.

Got to say I agree with what Rose Chap said a couple of years back in this very thread: if you're being pulled because your plates aren't as they should be, or your tints, or your exhaust, well, whose fault is that and what exactly did you expect? And if you're being pulled for having lots of lights you didn't ought to, GOOD.

Comment

Pulled once after I was followed from an Essex Smarties meet... From the pub to eventually stopping me in Hatfield, seemed to know a lot about smarts. Twas scary as it was my first time being pulled over. lol

Comment

Been pulled many times as a youngster , around 18 years old driving mates home from parties at daft hours in the morning in mothers xr3i ( ah the old days ) , breathalysed numerous times but as a non-drinker this was not an issue.

Pulled on the bike a few times when I used to work on the artics and used to go out early in the morning , mostly due to high motorcycle thefts in the area at the time , so didn't have a major issue with that.

Pulled in the smart about three time for "illegally" spaced number plates , and just being too dammed attractive in a built up area

Comment

Not recently, but then the ex doesn't need to get in touch with me anymore via his friends in traffic

Comment

Originally posted by tankgirltaz View Post
                Not recently, but then the ex doesn't need to get in touch with me anymore via his friends in traffic
                How long did you leave him handcuffed to the bed for him to do that??

Comment

Originally posted by MrPoo View Post
                  How long did you leave him handcuffed to the bed for him to do that??
                  Nah when we broke up he decided to have me stopped when I ignored his phone calls

Comment

Originally posted by tankgirltaz View Post
                    Nah when we broke up he decided to have me stopped when I ignored his phone calls
                    What a muppet.

Breaking up seems justified!

Comment

Originally posted by Lady Muck View Post
                      What a muppet.

Breaking up seems justified!
                      Oh yeah for sure

Comment

Still haven't been pulled over....

Comment

Blimey Lady M, still not been pulled over 2 years ..... mg: :sad:

Comment

I still haven't been pulled over either!!

Comment

Remind me ..... is being pulled "a good thing," or in the words of "1066 and All That," (if memory serves) "a bad king!?"

Comment

http://www.smartmaniacs.co.uk/forums...&postcount=100

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X