yes but i have heavy tints

yes but i have non standard plates on my smart

sorry i was just wondering
    thanks

Re: do police stop your smart?

You need to add a Poll ...

Comment

Got stopped by non-traffic police in their 2+ tonne van fully loaded with equipment, as in their opinion I must have been speeding due to my light car accelerating away from them up to the 50mph speed limit, and the fact they were about 1/4 mile behind me, so trying to cover the ground between us in order to catch me up. I didn't realise the van that almost turned over coming out of the junction, swerving onto the other side of the road was a police vehicle until he blinded me in my mirrors with full beam, then the blue lights 2 minutes later. When I asked for an explanation of their actions, I got possibly the poorest excuses I have ever heard from 2 youngsters to use their blue lights and speed on the public highway. Not impressed how my taxes were being used that day. But in general, no I don't get any problems from the police, but then I tend to drive within the speed limits or lower. I find it to be good for your car, and your wallet with lower fuel bills, no fines and lower insurance having a clean license. If it ever gets stolen, please feel free to stop it every 5 minutes. Thanks!
      Last edited by magnet; 19-05-07, 02:12 AM.

Comment

Yes!

Once for having my foglights on - I don't have foglights on my roadie, it was the side lights!

Another time for inappropriate overtaking! Ironically I was struggling to match the pace of a LWB Sprinter van at the time - I would have thought it's speed was more inappropriate!

Most recently, I was 'pulled' for having blue lights at the front of my roadie! A friendly misunderstanding through 'mis-identification'. Isn't that right Sam (McSmarts)!

Comment

Once but it was one of those routine drink drive checkpoint things.

I don't drink so I was on my way within seconds.

Needless to say only a tool drinks & drives !

Comment

Only once for not giving way to a officer on a roundabout (my fault).

Just got a telling off.

Comment

Once for speeding and once for my number plate.
              The one for speeding he said I had better be careful as my car might fall over and they had problems catching up with me to tell me off

I just talked my way out of it, also helped that where I was working was right below the Transport Police HQ, I guess he thought I was one of them.

With the number plate I just said sorry and that I had just come from a photo shoot and forgot to change it. I think that guy was just looking for stuff to do as he was diverting traffic while the others dealt with the more interesting armed drug dealers further down the road.

Comment

Been pulled over on the a127 in Southend on the 40mph bit - went thru a red light - apparently. Although 3 of my friends were behind me and pulled over too and backed me up that I wasn't. Just been clubbing, about 3am driving back to Chelmsford - they then made me stand out in the cold wet and rain for 20 minutes in what I'd been clubbing in whilst they gave me a "lesson on how to drive" WTF?! Oh well, got away with it

Comment

i got a section 59 beasuse my tyres made noise when i turnd a 90 degree corner in the wet.what a crazy world.o can a cso read me my rights?(he didnnt say them correctly fuly or if i understood)can a cso give me a section 59?btw i wasnt in plain sit of them and they did notice my m8 in a astra van with blacked out windows red neons and a bald tyre
                  .i need a slogan in my rear window bout being stop.all idea welcome

Comment

There's the Redline slogan...

Something like:

I'm taxed, MOTd and insured - go chase some real criminals...

Comment

The plates on my roadster are a red flag to a bull - SMRTPANTS. Mine have been:
                      • First drive, even before the custom plates, copper behind me at the lights; watching him in my mirror call my license plate number through on the radio, then leaving me alone when he find out I am practically middle aged with no infringements
                      • Pulled over after a quick take off at the lights. Coppers told me I was speeding -wasn't, just quick to get to speed - and I insisted they show me evidence...they couldn't...walked around and around the car looking for an excuse to give me a canary (yellow sticker...means you have to fix a fault and get it inspected) and could find none
                      • Went through a traffic light controlled intersection and the copper stopped waiting to turn right went through his red light and came up behind me at a rapid rate, but 10m back dropped right off...I think they saw the roadie flash through the lights, didn't know what it was and just wanted to check it out...no lights and sirens so they had no real reason to chase me but curiosity.
                      • Funniest was being pulled into an RBT and the copper said 'Hello smarty pants' and then when I'd done the breath test he said 'I am sorry but the reading is in excess of the legal limit; I need you to pull over to the left' I looked at him and said ' who is being the smart pants now' and he laughed and said ' yeah, I am pulling your leg, you can go'.

Almost everyone who sees my car just laughs ... smart cars are not aggressive or scary looking...they just look different and kinda cute so most people's reaction is to have a giggle...but for coppers they see what stands out and then look for something wrong with it unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by bikecrasher View Post
                        i got a section 59 beasuse my tyres made noise when i turnd a 90 degree corner in the wet.what a crazy world.o can a cso read me my rights?(he didnnt say them correctly fuly or if i understood)can a cso give me a section 59?btw i wasnt in plain sit of them and they did notice my m8 in a astra van with blacked out windows red neons and a bald tyre
                        .i need a slogan in my rear window bout being stop.all idea welcome
                        yes a PCSO can issue section 59 warnings,
                        however i have never known one be issued for something as trivial as squeeling tyres.

in any situation where you commit an offence which may lead to a prosecution or conviction, you have to be read your rights by the officer at the time or where practical as soon as possible,

the caution is 40 words long and some officers get it wrong sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by kazman View Post
                          yes a PCSO can issue section 59 warnings,
                          however i have never known one be issued for something as trivial as squeeling tyres.

in any situation where you commit an offence which may lead to a prosecution or conviction, you have to be read your rights by the officer at the time or where practical as soon as possible,

the caution is 40 words long and some officers get it wrong sometimes.
                          37 actually unless the caution is upon charge or report when it is 35

Comment

Ooo a game... I'll name that caution... in 31.

Comment

stopped in elephant castle for speeding up the bus lane at over 50mph in a 30mph road) n they were on a side road which i neva saw to slow down . . . btw i was realli doin arnd 70/75 . . . jus got a producer, apparently wen they finally did find me stuck in traffic near vauxhall, the bully van had its sirens on with another bully van and 3 other astra's lookin for me, got away clean

anuva time on streatham high road for havin my dimmers on with the spotlights, told me its not foggy so turn them off, i said theyre not fogs, check the back, if they were fogs there would be a bright red fog light on the back, officer checked back n i drove away with them still on (after 20mins of debatin :p )

final time on brighton road in croydon, on my way to get a bulb changed at surrey smart centre, not speedin this time but for been in the bus lane at 2.30pm when the blue sign clearly states bus lane time is 0700-1000 and 1600-1900, had arguement with them regarding this, they threatened me with court, told them ill see them there coz i cant wait to cuss them in their faces in front of a judge, this waz over a month ago, still waitin to hear from them :censor:

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X