Optimax Debate - Ultimate answer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Optimax Debate - Ultimate answer

Ok, There is a LOT of issues about Optimax, so, i wanna know once and for all:
    In YOUR personal opinion, is it Worth Shelling out the extra for the Optimax/Ultimate/Super?
    (Also i wanted to make a poll :p)
    Yes
    61.36%
    No
    38.64%

The poll is expired.

No it's not;

There is cheaper 98 ron petrol available if you need 98 ron
    Last edited by Alsmart; 11-10-04, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Yes

Only if you have

Crossblade
      Remap Smart coupe/cabrio
      Brabus Coupe/Cabrio
      Roadster/Roadster Coupe
      Brabus Roadster/Coupe

all above require 98ron as min from factory.

other than that no i cannot see a major advantage for other smarts.

Comment

Probably not,

but my local Siansbury's sell their super unleaded at the same price as the standard. I don't know if this is an error, or a special offer (as there are no signs).

Stephen

Comment

One thing I will say is that the BP ultrasplurt has just gone up to 92.9 :eek: :eek: :eek:
          soon it won't be worth it..... it cost me OVER £30 to fill up the smart!!

In retrospect, I suppose "supercalafragalisticexpialadocious" wasn't a great "safe word..."

Comment

yes

smarts-r-us say it is best to run it on shell Optimax.
            (do you think they have shares??)

Comment

Even smart say use Optimax. I have tried BP's and my car goes faster but I get more MPG from Optimax and it's 10p a litre cheaper around this way.

So it's Optimax all the way for my Smartie.

Comment

I voted No to Optimax - I think my car drives awful with it !
                BP ULTIMATE is the way forward.
                I have had my partner fill my car up on several occasions, and not tell me what fuel she has used - Within 10 mins of me driving I can tell her what fuel she put in !!
                ( I have only been wrong once - she used esso super - tricked me ! )
                Living proof there is a difference between normal / opti / bp
                Try it - Take on the petrol challenge
                At the end of the day there is much debate to which is right - its how it feels to you that counts - thats why you need to do the challenge - if you are right most of the time , then you must be able to feel or hear the difference - then it must be worth it.

Comment

I have voted yes to this poll - but your own answer would depend on 2 factors.... a) How much Shell Optimax sells for in your area and b) how much you know about engines in general - more importantly what Optimax really does and the benefits it has on a modern engine over a long period of time

Comment

i only put super/optimax or ultimate in my cars depends on which is closest when im low its not so bad with the smart normaly around £25 but i almost shed a tear when i have to part with £60 for the 944

Comment

I'm the same, use opti/super or ultimate, all depends on whats nearest. And as i dont pay for it, i dont care what it costs! just know thats what my baby needs in the long run!

Comment

As it stands, its 70/30 to "Yes, Its worth paying a bit more for Super/Ultimate/Optimax"
                        MCC made a good point with A, as in local retail price, but B (How much you know about engines) this was one of the reaseons i put this here, as i dont know much about the internal gubbins if an engine, and to see if the experts/knowledgable could enlighten me.
                        Keep the comments coming!

Comment

Shell optimax rocks, it makes the car so much smoother and gives better mpg as well as helping to maintain a nice clean engine err I think#
                          I like it

Comment

It doesn't make much of a performance diference without a map though
                            and it just went up to 88.9, still cheaper than texico's 100.9 super though

Comment

Ah yes - showing my age now - but I remember reading a road test of the Rolls Royce Silver Shadow, when it first arrived on the scene. The tester was horrified that it cost just over £5 to fill the tank.

How times change!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X