Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gear box oil

Hi All,
    where can I get the RIGHT gear box oil for my roady on line, I have had so many different opinions on what kind to get but I would like to get it on line (there are no decent places near me for this sort of thing)

A link would be great too
    Stovies

Re: Gear box oil

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/p-746-cast...-diii-atf.aspx

You will need 2 Bottles

Comment

ATF DEXRON D-21065 is what smart recommend.
      Don't go asking for a 'gearbox' oil as that's what you'll be given. It's an automatic transmission fluid you require. 1.4 litres of it.

Comment

Surely you can buy oil in Montrose. Use a Dexron II or later backward compatible automatic transmission fluid. The cheaper the better.

Comment

Montrose is **** for buying anything, and there are no experts in the shops we do have,
          I just want to get the right stuff for the car as it is my pride and joy and want the best for it.

Comment

ATF from a brand you trust (the Castrol product will be good enough).
            These gearboxes are pretty tough anyway - the biggest gain from a quality product will be in preserving the suppleness of the seals (esp the one on the gearbox input shaft) and avoiding foaming - both issues affect the likelihood of leaks - which in the case of the input shaft is expensive to remedy.
            Best quality lubricants are always worth seeking out.

Comment

Comma AQM must be available from garages in and around Montrose. Also generally available online for less than 20 Pounds for 5 litres inclusive of postage. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5L-COMMA-A...p2054897.l4275

AQM is more than adequate for the Getrag manual transmission. I've been using it for 12 years in my Smart 450.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X