Always check your brakes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Always check your brakes

On buying my 450 last year i checked it over and it seemed everything was fine, then normally when i get home i go over it in more detail like wheels off etc

When i got home i didn't have a brace to fit the 15mm wheel nuts so i left it as a job for later, fast forward 10 months and i heard some strange noises from the front.

After

They feel so much better now, cant believe how bad they were.

Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Tapatalk

Re: Always check your brakes

Originally posted by adrimo View Post
    cant believe how bad they were.
    Really? When you have absolutely no idea when they were last checked?.....Did you think they would defer wearing out until you took checking them off the backburner that had already been smoldering for the guts of a year?

Comment

Originally posted by Thrumbleux View Post
      Really? When you have absolutely no idea when they were last checked?.....Did you think they would defer wearing out until you took checking them off the backburner that had already been smoldering for the guts of a year?
      As I said I did check them and they were fine, however because I did not do a full check after I didn't realise they were low. I didn't remember and as a bit of advice to others I stated to always remember to check, obviously nobody intends to forget things.

I just intended the post to be a warning to those who are not mechanically minded and know how to do everything themselves not be beaten up for it.

Thanks

Comment

I would be replacing the discs too, as those pads look like that could have pretty much ****** up your discs running them so low

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X