MOT in Nottigham?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOT in Nottigham?

Hello! Can anyone recommend an MOT station in the Nottingham area for my for2 city passion?

There's nothing special about an MOT - any mot station can do it. I take mine to the local council run one - saves any concern about them failing it just to earn a few quid in repair bills.

Comment

Hi - I have an evil twin exhaust which always fails the mot (emissions). The garage I have taken it to for the past 2 years has ripped me off (said I put too much oil in it, despite him being the only person that puts oil in it) and my usual "normal" mechanic says he doesn't have enough smart car know how to sort it out So I am looking for a garage that has some knowledge on these little sport exhuasts

Comment

If it fails the emissions, it fails the emissions.
        Taking it somewhere else won't change that.

Comment

I was told on a smart forum some time ago that because the exhausts are so short, they sometimes have trouble passing the emissions test (especially the twin exhausts), which is why I am asking for help here, on a smart forum, because the last "normal" garage ripped me off. Twice.

Comment

if i recall, other owners have had trouble with the evil twin exhaust and emissions. they would normally refit the standard exhaust and it would pass

Comment

Does your evil twin exhaust have a cat?

Comment

Originally posted by lalli_d1 View Post
                if i recall, other owners have had trouble with the evil twin exhaust and emissions. they would normally refit the standard exhaust and it would pass
                I bought the car a few years ago with the evil twin exhaust on, so I don't have another one to swap it with. I'll maybe have a look at getting a normal one - what sort of price are they roughly?

Comment

Sorry, my mistake, it's a Blindschleiche, not evil twin... I am not sure if that makes a difference or not really

Comment

Originally posted by 137699 View Post
                    Does your evil twin exhaust have a cat?
                    Yes, I believe so

Comment

there is a possibility that the cat has broken... i got one from wellsmart as they were known then and the cat had broken and was rattling around inside, i only found out it was rattling when it went for MOT and it failed and i had to remove it

Comment

Originally posted by no I am smarticus! View Post
                        Hi - I have an evil twin exhaust which always fails the mot (emissions). The garage I have taken it to for the past 2 years has ripped me off (said I put too much oil in it, despite him being the only person that puts oil in it) and my usual "normal" mechanic says he doesn't have enough smart car know how to sort it out So I am looking for a garage that has some knowledge on these little sport exhuasts
                        Ask around your friends for a mot friendly garage!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X