Oil change

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil change

Hi all, I'm going to be changing the oil soon in my 450 does anyone know how much oil will I need, normal 5lt tub I'm guessing (without over filling obviously) and any recommendations..? Also do we need to replace the gearbox oil also.. Again what should I use, normal gear box oil..? How much needed.? Many thanks in advance 😊 Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

You definitely need to head over the www.evilution.co.uk A basic word search will answer all of your questions.

Comment

Engine Oil - Depending on how thoroughly you empty the sump, and assuming it's a petrol 450 with original smart sump (and not some aftermarket, extra capacity one), approx. 3.5 litres of oil to refill.

Recommendations? The cheapest one you can find that is MB229.3 or MB229.5 certified (will be printed on the bottle if it is). I use Mobil1 because it's cheap at Costco - £26 for 5 litres or thereabouts.

Comment

I am replace g the sun as it's corroded with one with a plug, bought from smart mods I think the other month, yes it is petrol, thankyou evil I have looked over but was just looking for any lore info thankyou, what about the gearbox oil will that need replacing, does it need to be..? Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Strictly speaking no it doesn't need to be changed. If you decide to, 1.4l of ATF and make sure you remove the top plug before the bottom one.

Comment

Originally posted by Thrumbleux View Post
            Strictly speaking no it doesn't need to be changed. If you decide to, 1.4l of ATF and make sure you remove the top plug before the bottom one.
            Is there a particular reason why the gearbox oil doesn't need to be changed? I would have thought that it would be been something to do, possibly on a C service?

Comment

It isn't listed as a service item in any service schedule and, as we have ascertained, the bearings seeing the most stress are sealed units not running in the gearbox fluid.
              Nothing to stop you changing it though - I changed mine for better quality oil.

Comment

http://www.evilution.co.uk/305

Smart state that the transmission fluid is a non serviceable item and doesn't need to be changed. However, the people who have changed their transmission fluid will know it really helps the feel of the car.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X