After Sales: 01732 771761

Fax: 01732 351732

Web: www.smartoftonbridge.co.uk/

Opening hours: After Sales
    Monday - Friday 8.00am - 6.00pm
    Saturday 8.00am - 1.00pm
    Sunday Closed

Re: smart of Tonbridge

on parts department have been very helpfull in past and posted parts on to me
    Last edited by Vladaria; 29-11-05, 12:33 PM. Reason: change icon

Comment

Forgot to call me when finished.
      Tried to charge for 6 litres of oil!!!

Never again will Brabby grace their door.

Comment

Hmm, not impressed, called for a quote to Tan my Paddleshift Wheel, was told £50 so I booked the car in. Helpful chap, sent me confirnmation and 2 reminder texts in the week before.

Took the car in, served straight away no probls. Was told they'd ring me when it was done but would aim to get it done by 1pm.

Called them at 12 as I hadn'rt heard anything, was told car was almost ready, just finishing off cleaning it and that it had taken 0.8 of an hour instead of 0.5 so my biill would be a bit more.

Went to pick up the car, sat down and was given a bill for £150

Asked the guy why it was 3 times more than I was quoted and he waffled on about Smart increasing the costs of the Tan codes and they were now £86 instead of the £17 that he told me when I rang initially.

Not impressed.

Also they'd obviously driven the car quite a bit when they had it as the trip was on 24 mpg and when I picked it up it was back up to 38mpg

Also, they wanted to charge me £15 to get the radio code

Comment

Originally posted by DaisyDuke View Post
          Hmm, not impressed, called for a quote to Tan my Paddleshift Wheel, was told £50 so I booked the car in. Helpful chap, sent me confirnmation and 2 reminder texts in the week before.

Took the car in, served straight away no probls. Was told they'd ring me when it was done but would aim to get it done by 1pm.

Called them at 12 as I hadn'rt heard anything, was told car was almost ready, just finishing off cleaning it and that it had taken 0.8 of an hour instead of 0.5 so my biill would be a bit more.

Went to pick up the car, sat down and was given a bill for £150

Asked the guy why it was 3 times more than I was quoted and he waffled on about Smart increasing the costs of the Tan codes and they were now £86 instead of the £17 that he told me when I rang initially.

Not impressed.

Also they'd obviously driven the car quite a bit when they had it as the trip was on 24 mpg and when I picked it up it was back up to 38mpg

Also, they wanted to charge me £15 to get the radio code
          That doesn't surprise me in the slightest, they're part of the same group as Smart/MB of Maidstone!!!

I do on the other hand have a 13 year old cousin who could do a better job!

Comment

Funnily enough I got my fella to ring Smart of Maidstone afterwards to check what price they would quote for the Tan code and his Mum answered the phone!

He didn't know she had changed jobs, Spooky eh???

I was kicking myself afterwards though cos she coulda got me a discount
            Last edited by DaisyDuke; 13-07-07, 12:39 PM.

Comment

The people on reception are great at maidstone, the only good salesman left, and the service team are useless!!

Then again, it's the same at all Merc dealers, Sales = Good, Aftersales = :censor:

Comment

Just had my roady at smarts r us and mechanic told me that on last b-service (Smart of Tonbridge) the lower plugs were not changed ! Before i bought the car, but checked back in the service book to see where the work was done.

Comment

RE: Tonbridge, took 1st Smartie there back in August 2003, asked about panel changes/colours etc etc..... I was told that because I had chosen a Cabrio, the panels were not removable on this model. I obviously disagreed, the guy said he would take my number and call to confirm when hed found out..... 40 miles later once home, I found a message on my answerphone saying, actually yes, they were removable... if I would like to pop in, they could discuss options with me!!!!! Nice! I never returned. On a plus... he was very polite!

RE: Maidstone, this is where both my first (2003) and second (2005) Smarts came from. Polite sales guy, didnt have a clue to be honest about Smarts, but still, very helpful within their knowledge capacity.
                  BUT when it came to a warranty issue on Smart no.2... OMG, the receptionist was very rude and offensive to both me and my Mum who took the car in for me, on several occasions, and the issue was still never resolved!

Not meaning to turn this into a putting down of the centres... im sure they have changed lots now with time and experience, but I happen to be in Sussex now, so too far away to recently comment!!!

Laura

Comment

Oooo just spotted this was an old post revisited! Sorry... comment still count tho

Comment

You are getting me worried now as I take mine there for a service, very good on price I think they charge around 150 for an A and 270 for a B with plugs, less if you dont have the plugs done, I Had a B done last time with a plug change, hope my plugs where changed. I keep my car done by merc incase I need an ESCULAB and think it helps if you have a full service history..

Comment

Im sure it will be fine, my issue was in 2003 with Tonbridge. And Mikies was in 2005...
                        Im sure lots of positive changes have been made

Good luck
                        L

Comment

I've never been to Tonbridge so I can't really comment on their service... They are however run by the same people as Maidstone, for this reason I would be worried!

My very bad experiances were in 2007... If they hadn't changed their attitude in 4 years I doubt they've done it in the last year!

Comment

Ooooo, unfortunately as I thought.... I was just trying to be nice!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X