Cambridge Smart Cars - Independant

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cambridge Smart Cars - Independant

Oh dear sounds like their really missing Fudge.

I personally would not bother going back after getting messed about that much, and would write a strong letter of complaint to the owner of the business regarding the way things were now.

Comment

yeah and i wonder who has the last laugh ?!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I think the moral of the story is, where ever Fudge is / goes stick with him. Legend.

Comment

Just to update this based on my very recent experiences.

My Brabus Roadster needed a new AC pipe due to the previous one cracking. It was booked in with CSC yesterday for replacement and for the system to be regassed (as all gas had escaped due to the cracked pipe).

Since I'm travelling today (I'm writing this from the BA lounge at LHR) I told CSC that unlike previous occasions I could not pick the car up the following day and that getting it back the same day as I took it in was a key requirement. I was assured that although replacing the pipe and regassing the system involved a lengthy engine dropping process, the work would be done by mid afternoon. As you can probably gather, the fact I've said all this means that it didn't happen.

From what CSC informed me, there was a problem with the regassing hardware they used, and despite my car being transferred from their site in Grantchester to Fulbourn (I was not informed they would be doing this and I'm guessing it wasn't moved there by transporter...), they still couldn't fix the problem. It was only this morning that they found a resolution, too slow for me to get my Roadster back in time for my fiance to use this weekend, and adding considerable hassle to what was already my very busy morning preparing for a trip.

Total cost for the fix came to around £360, including my 10% SmartManiacs discount.

My overall feeling with CSC is that they simply are not professional enough, nor reliable enough for me to use. Jeff -the main guy I have dealt with there - is helpful, but quickly runs out of options he can give you when the going gets tough. CSC have fallen short of the standards I was expecting, and are generally lacking in some pretty basic customer service standards I previous thought were no-brainers.

I'm not sure whether this is a temporary situation. Jeff did allude to some problems with his valeter leaving, and having to share his mechanic with the other site, and as we know they have lost the influence of SmartManiacs member 'Fudge' from their operation, however some situations (charging more for credit cards, not accepting Amex, etc) must have been in place for some time.

Whilst I am not completely ruling out using CSC again, I cannot really recommend them based on the experiences I've had.

The search for an independent to rival Smart of Basingstoke continues.

Comment

f:censor:k knows why I should post this, but:

Assuming things haven't changed, you opened a door with their "Terms Of Business" on it both on the way in and the way out, you looked at desk, on the wall behind was a sign with their "Terms Of Business" on it. They state that there is a 2% credit card charge I types the signs, some people choose to waive this fee.

They have 2 Air Con gas machines, one in Fulbourn and one in Babraham Rd.

You do not have to "Drop" the engine to replace the A/C pipe (s).

Their valeter resigned officially at the end of March to finish at the end of April, unofficially he resigned in February.

Looks like you were charged about 2 hrs + re gas + pipe.....

Interesting read.
            Fudge!
            fudge@fudgesmart.co.uk

Engine Rebuilding - sw-exclusive Remaps - TAN Codes - Key Fob Coding - Servicing

All Services Available Mobile, Key Coding Available 24/7

www.fudgesmart.co.uk
            www.sw-x.co.uk

Comment

And from what I can gather (from two visits to Wellsmart) dropping the engine is a standard procedure that doesn't take very long at all, if (like Gav) you know what you're doing!

Comment

All you'd do is undo the bolts a bit, but there is a much easier way! takes about 30 mins with the right tool.....
                Fudge!
                fudge@fudgesmart.co.uk

Engine Rebuilding - sw-exclusive Remaps - TAN Codes - Key Fob Coding - Servicing

www.fudgesmart.co.uk
                www.sw-x.co.uk

Comment

A tree and a steel cable
                  I reject your reality and substitute my own

Proud to be a Smartie and very proud to have been married to a lovely lady.

This Moderator is ME

Comment

Originally posted by herman1rg View Post
                    A tree and a steel cable
                    PMSL......
                    Fudge!
                    fudge@fudgesmart.co.uk

www.fudgesmart.co.uk
                    www.sw-x.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by smart_jimmy View Post
                      I think the moral of the story is, where ever Fudge is / goes stick with him. Legend.

QUOTE Fudge was employed as sales man???? gone to pastures greener?

Comment

was more of a branch manager, but due to being surrounded by idiots, he ended up doing almost everything.....
                        Not really pastures greener, just bigger...oh and better pay for less work :dollarey:

Comment

What He Said
                          Last edited by Fudge; 11-07-08, 12:01 PM.
                          Fudge!
                          fudge@fudgesmart.co.uk

www.fudgesmart.co.uk
                          www.sw-x.co.uk

Comment

In my hunt for a new Roadster to replace Oscar, I've found some for sale with Cambridge Smart Cars. The posts on this thread are quite old now, and I wonder - are they any good? I was going to buy a roadie there, but have it serviced at S2Smarts, as he looked after Oscar really well.

Someone told me today that he didn't have a high opinion of them. Any advice would be greatly appreciated and you can PM me if you really want to be controversial lol. Many thanks

Comment

My (most recent - about a month ago) experience was arranging the purchase of a complete brabus roadster engine, in cradle with all anciliaries. All that was left was a quote on a courier.
                              Instead I heard nothing even after chasing for a couple of days, then saw someone post on this very forum about their new brabus engine purchase
                              Very poor show IMO.

that and all their cars seem to be priced over the odds (IMO).

In retrospect, I suppose "supercalafragalisticexpialadocious" wasn't a great "safe word..."

Comment

Hmm, I did wonder actually. Indeed their cars are very expensive. I might take a look tomorrow. Many thanks for the feedback.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X