smartsRus - Nottingham

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: smartsRus - Nottingham

ok i see its been a few years since someone posted on this thread...im getting my roadster coupe very soon...are the guys in notts still worth going to for a service because i want to get mine a full check over

Comment

the last i heard they had wound up the smarts and were making ariel atom type sports cars. things were not all they should have been there toward the end imho.

Comment

They still service smarts according to the RTR site!

Comment

Originally posted by smartski View Post
          things were not all they should have been there toward the end imho.
          Massive understatement.

I suggest anyone barking enough to consider using them should PM several of the members who live in or around Nottingham ..............

Comment

i would have used stronger terms davros but im very aware of breaking forum /libel rules. they certainly had some issues at the end!

Comment

so the question now is where do you chaps get your car's serviced?

Comment

I once got my car serviced in a garage in Anstey that advertises Smart servicing and has Smart courtesy cars, they seemed ok but I had a bit of a shock when two days later I lost the rear drum brake - they'd overtightened something or other. It was a few years ago and I decided not to go back!

Since then we've been back to Smarts R Us - now RTR, been ok but wouldn't rave over them. We are now planning to make the journey to S2 Smarts in Watford, we've heard good things about them.

Alternatively I know a couple of people take their Roadies to a garage in Merry Lees (Desford), they seemed to get on alright with them but I'd rather take the roadie to an 'enthusiast'.

If you wanted to take it to a Smart dealer - god knows why, you could try Smart of Tamworth, I know someone who get's his serviced there and says the mechanics do a good job.

Comment

that garage in anstey made a terrible job on my car at the last service. i wouldnt take a bycicle back to them.

Comment

Originally posted by slyfox View Post
                    so the question now is where do you chaps get your car's serviced?
                    Do it myself because it's easier! I've used Digitec (Somerset), Fudgesmart (Bury St Edmunds) and Forsmart (York, but he came to a friend's house in Derby) for the things I can't do myself, and would happily recommend all three. The journey to a reliable indie is always worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by smartski View Post
                      that garage in anstey made a terrible job on my car at the last service. i wouldnt take a bycicle back to them.
                      that garage in anstey it wasnt Langrop was it?

smerks

Comment

Back to OPs question

Al's Autos in Heanor would get most peoples vote
                        Marhill service Centre in Gunthorpe are used by Smarts4U
                        Phoenix Autos in Sutton in Ashfield have experience of servicing Roadsters
                        Last edited by davros7760; 08-05-11, 11:19 PM. Reason: out of respect for moderators

Comment

yes it was langrops. wasnt a good experience. they made srus seem friendly and competent and charged more money for the experience.......

Comment

I used Parkham's in Wellingborough a couple of times when I was working in Corby, was pretty good, friendly and (didn't seem like at least) weren't rip off merchants....

Would be interested to find out anywhere south / west of Leicester that you guys know of / could recommend. Incidentally, I think I've seen you on the M1 slyfox.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X