Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WirralSmarts meet - 26.01.2015

Heya Everyone!

Hope you all have had a happy Christmas and New Year!

WirralSmarts are resuming the regular meets at the Costa Coffee at the Bromborough Croft Retail Park (see the address below). This year, the meetings are going to be held on the last Monday of every month from around 7.30pm onwards since the weekend dates didn't seem to attract anyone.

If you have a Smart (or are even looking at getting one), please do feel free to come along. We will be chatting about pretty much anything Smart related (the new 453 model, modifying, experiences etc) and are very informal.

The address is:

Costa Coffee,
    Unit K, The Croft and Retail Leisure Park,
    Bromborough,
    CH63 2PN

There appears to be two Costas in the Retail Park - the one we meet at is not the one in the Tesco. There is free parking available.

Hope to see you there!

Just a reminder that WirralSmarts meet tonight at 7.30pm at the Costa Coffee at the above address. Hope to see you there!

Comment

Hope you had company? Sorry but to travel through rush hour traffic on a week night from north Manchester not for me I'm afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by fortwo long View Post
        Hope you had company? Sorry but to travel through rush hour traffic on a week night from north Manchester not for me I'm afraid.
        Sadly, no one turned up. I guess keeping on plugging on (plus try advertising in other places) will eventually get some people to come but its quite dis-heartening to commute all the way back from North Wales to do this.

Comment

• fortwo long
          fortwo long commented
          Editing a comment
          Sorry to hear that again. Does appear no real interest in meets etc in North West, yet quite some activity South and South Wales. Maybe post an invite asking for suggestions/ideas from Smarties up here to see what other enthusiasts fancy doing.
          Think if a few met up somwhere centrally for each other and got to know one and other things could start to happen...
          Hopefully!! I'd be interested.. ..but weekends more convenient.

• Ocracoke
          Ocracoke commented
          Editing a comment
          One of the reasons why I moved the regular meet to a weekday was that I assumed people simply didn't want to spend part of their weekend at a meet. Since NW Smarties meet on a Thursday evening (of I which I do attend but am normally a little late to), I figured doing the same would help. I may switch it back to a Saturday meet.

> Think if a few met up somwhere centrally for each other and got to know one and other things could start to happen.

There was a discussion about events on TheSmartClub board about doing something similar to this. I was looking at Coventry's transport museum as a event place but it doesn't appear to be able to hold events. There is a possibility of Bodelwyddan Castle (I know a VW all types show is held there every year) but it isn't "central". Easy to get to mind with it being just off the A55.

The castle sounds interesting, suppose depends how many, if any show an interest. Pity the SmartClub dont sponsor/arrange an even in the North or surrounding areas as they seem to do South? I'll keep watch

Comment

Originally posted by fortwo long View Post
          The castle sounds interesting, suppose depends how many, if any show an interest. Pity the SmartClub dont sponsor/arrange an even in the North or surrounding areas as they seem to do South? I'll keep watch
          I am going to try and contact them and see what they could offer.

As for the regular meet, that is now back on the 3rd Saturday of every month (unless mentioned otherwise).

Comment

• fortwo long
            fortwo long commented
            Editing a comment
            Be interesting regarding their response..

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X