Crossblade door bar stuck - there is a solution

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crossblade door bar stuck - there is a solution

I have just been looking through the WIS system and came across the Smart procedure for opening a stuck door bar. They even tell you how to make a special tool to free the door using a piece of welding wire and a small block of wood.

I just thought I would post up the document number here as a pointer for anyone who has this issue as the last thing you want to do if you have this problem is try and search for the document in the WIS system. Obviously I can't post the document up as it is copyright

Document number: AR72.10-P-2504CR
    Last edited by BRABUS; 04-08-12, 03:54 PM.

Re: Crossblade door bar stuck - there is a solution

The flaw is that, should your bar be stuck, the pressure needed to push on that welding rod would bend it easily. As i'm sure you know, when the latch is removed it's a strong spring that you need to overcome. I don't believe the welding rod and wooden block (think marshmallow on a stick ) idea would ever work.

Prevention is better than cure on this.

Comment

Smart wouldn't spend the time creating a document if it didn't work. The reason I came across the document was I went looking for it after talking to an owner who had a problem and this is how Smart fixed it.

Just trying to be helpful.

Comment

It wasn't a criticism of your post, but having felt what the mechanism is like when it's properly jammed I think you'd need something with almost zero flex in it and not a welding rod as per smart's recommendation, hence my scepticism.

Comment

in my experience, welding rods are pretty tough!

JJ

www.forfour.co.uk (tech 454) - www.quidco.com/user/417377/1833011/ (free £)

Comment

Been there, seen it done it. And it doesn't work! I found that on WIS, made it to the exact Smart requirement and it didn't work. I took it to Smart, they tried it and it didn't work for them either.

I ended up having the bar drilled. Extensive post on here somewhere..

As is said already, the force of the spring is too much to overcome from a distance.

Comment

Found it:
              http://www.thesmartclub.com/board/sh...door-bar-stuck

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X