total number of crossblades

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• total number of crossblades

I have read for some time on smart forums and other places that the true number of crossblades built is in question. Although smart and Binz both claimed that 2000 were made, I have seen reports that as few as 800 crossblades were built.

A friend named Max over here in Canada opened up the VIN database in the Mercedes EPC and on the basis of VINs, determined that 1993 crossblades were actually built.

I processed the raw data (specifically the SA Codes) and set up a spreadsheet with 1993 data rows - one for each VIN - showing individual car equipment...most were identical but a few had special equipment. This also told the story about what markets (countries) the 1993 cars were developed for.

93 crossblades were equipped for the British market
    61 crossblades were equipped for the Japanese market
    1840 crossblades were equipped for the LHD European countries

The Japanese cars all had radio/cassette players instead of plain radios, and they also had puncture repair kits (and infrared keys).

I thought you might find this interesting.

Hi Mike.
    Please Could you send me a copy of the spread sheet ?

Www.BigPerformance.Co.Uk

020 328 REMAP (02032873627)
    STAR diagnostics. Remapping. Dyno. Key coding
    TAN codes. SCN codes. Body shop. Trimming. Crash repairs

Comment

I like to have also a copy , please

Comment

Hi guys, I have sent you both PMs with my email address. Send me an email and I will reply with a copy of the excel file.

Comment

I haven't got a private message from either of you so I haven't been able to send it. An alternative would be for me to set it up in a Dropbox folder and let you get it there. I would be happy to share it with you. But I would still need your email addresses to make that work!

Comment

Greetings, intriguing information. As I understood, there were no RHD's built. Is that correct? Cheers, Ian.

Comment

No crossblades were ever built in RHD
              Www.BigPerformance.Co.Uk

Comment

Greetings, thanks. Bugger, I got all hot and bothered when I read 154 were made for the Jap & UK markets. I had thought that there were no RHD's made but in life I try not to think - knowing is much better.
                Won't be able to comply a Xblade here untill the particular car is 20 years young.
                Cheers, Ian.

Comment

Where are you then ?
                  Www.BigPerformance.Co.Uk

Comment

Greetings BP, how's your geography? On this planet but me tinks, (I'm assuming you're in Blighty?) 13,000 miles from you. Odds on though you'll pick the wrong country. So, I'll give you a clue. We're rather good (at the moment) at cricket. Cheers, Ian.,

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X