Wrong oil in my smart 451 - intermittent limp mode - MB229.51 specification

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrong oil in my smart 451 - intermittent limp mode - MB229.51 specification

Hi, my 2011 smart 451 54 BHP has been suffering from intermittent limp mode with no engine warning lights or fault codes. Once it happens it will stay in limp until the next day. Pulling over and switching car on and off didn't seem to help but sometimes if I left it for a few hours it would be ok next start up.
    I feel its a problem with the DPF regen and that sometimes it is not regenerating when or as it should.

My last service was 8,000 miles ago and I have just realised that the wrong oil has been put in (Halfords) It should take a low ash 5w30 oil (c2/c2/c3) but instead has 5w30 A3.

Could this be causing the problems? I didn't seem to have this issue prior to the service.

Anyone have any knowledge of this. I have read MB229.51 and am quite concerned.

About Me:
    I'm new in this forum, I have worked with multiple firms
    You can check Landing page explainer video one of my work.
    You are here because you are serious about 2 things Landing page and Explainer videos. All marketers and content marketing experts talk about how landing page can be better synced inline with a website visitor's expectations. Videos are used on landing page to quickly communicate value propositions or product features

do you take it for a run on the motorway for at least 30 min?

Comment

What can I say? At least the spammers keep the forum going!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X