Has nobody on here bought one yet?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has nobody on here bought one yet?

Just wondering if anybody had actually bought the new forfour yet? I should be picking mine up next week and wanted to know if anyone had one yet?

You need to check out all the smart car haunts as the forum scene is fragmented onto a few sites nowadays

try www.thesmartclub.com/board/index.php and smartz for a start, I've just got my C453 apart from the xtra length and four seats it's not that different

Comment

The new Forfour is selling, or most likely personal leasing far better than the new Fortwo.

Considering that the initial price for leasing a new Fortwo is at least £1800, yet the Fortfour can be is as little as £149 initially, (both cars are around £149 a month) so you can see why a lot of people are taking advantage of a 2 or 3 year Forfour leasing (without buy option)..

I have seen many new Forfour's on the road, but only two new Fortwo's so far.

The reason given by Smart for such a high price for the fortwo leasing, is that it has no competition as a two seater, whereas the Forfour has a lot competion as a small four seater.

I think Smart should consider lowering the initial payment on leasing the Fortwo, or it will just not lease. Plus if buying, both cars are rather expensive, even without options. If sales do not pick up, then Smart should have a rethink of their prices.

A good recent example of a car not selling due to crazy high price was the rather sad tale of the Renault Wind, which only sold 2300 car in the UK, till stopped production, after a two year run, It was a small two seater convertible but was too high a price for what it was really worth, ie, £17,500. Renault had to eventually bring the car down to £10,500 to sell the remaining cars in the UK.

Reason I know this is I bought a WInd once they came down to the more reasonable price

Car dealerships should learn, but no, they are far to greedy.
      Last edited by ColSmart; 09-10-15, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ColSmart View Post
        Car dealerships should learn, but no, they are far to greedy.

its not the dealer that sets the price... its the manufacture that sets it. its the dealer that offers the finance package or deal to get punters through the doors.

i work for the Jaguar dealer in leeds and on every new car we sell we make about £1000... so how can the dealers be greedy?

Comment

Well maybe the manufacture should set the price lower of the new fortwo, to get it selling.

As for greedy, I base it on my experience of the Renault wind where they could sell me it for £7000 cheaper in price and likely still make a profit, compared to the launch date two years previous where it was way overpriced.

Maybe the car game is not all about greed, but having dealt with car transactions for over thirty years, my own experience tells me they are out to get as maximum profit they squeeze out of you.

Comment

As for greedy, I base it on my experience of the Renault wind where they could sell me it for £7000 cheaper in price and likely still make a profit, compared to the launch date two years previous where it was way overpriced.
            Are you sure they turned a profit?

Comment

How do you know (for certain) how many or few they are selling ?

and what manufacturer introduces a product at a rock bottomprice to start with ?, they are going to aim at the price they think the market can stand for their product, After all raising the price is gonna go down as well as lowering the prices .....

At the end of the day they are a business not a charity

Comment

Originally posted by 10:45PM View Post
                How do you know (for certain) how many or few they are selling ?
                Just going by the lack of new Fortwos seen on the road in my region and also elsewhere when on holiday in other parts of the UK..

But seen plenty new Forfours, assumed, as the leasing agreement is far better.

Just hope Smart see sense and give better deals on the new Fortwo (eventually, but wont hold my breath ).

Comment

Just hope Smart see sense and give better deals on the new Fortwo (eventually, but wont hold my breath ).
                  https://www.smart.com/uk/en/index/of...ime-offer.html

Better ??

Comment

Yes, thats better.

Smart seem to keep changing the leasing offers so wlll keep watching, when the convertible Fortwo arrives (that's what I want next, as I have had a solid roofed 450 pure, and now a panoramic clear roofed 451 passion, and want to go convertible next)

Comment

Had 2 as hire cars in the last few months hated the car

Comment

• lalli_d1
                        lalli_d1 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        what do you have?

What was the reason for your hatred of the car?

General driving, engine, shape of car, what?

Comment

• 10:45PM
                        10:45PM commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yeah ,what he said ........

Well if you like a car with a good turning circle then buy it. Apart from that I found it not very practical so the engines in boot great well no because it makes the boot so much smaller as there's no extra space under the bonnet it's just a stretched C453 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

After only 1 week of owner ship my new forfour is miles better than my old fourtwo

Comment

• lalli_d1
                          lalli_d1 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          they never made a FOURtwo

I haven't but saving up for it this year.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X