• Show
Clear All

• Official forfour recall

Hi all,
    not sure if this has been posted etc...
    but this recall was launched on 21st December
    number R/2005/165
    Concern :REAR SEAT LOCK SPRINGS MAY NOT BE CORRECTLY LOCATED
    Description :The mountings for the rear bench seat runners may not be correctly secured into the floor.
    Remedial Action :Recall the likely to be affected vehicles and check the security of the back seat bench. If necessary re-lock the back seat bench runner mountings into the floor.
    It says there are 41 cars involved but unfortunately VIN's haven't been released.

In retrospect, I suppose "supercalafragalisticexpialadocious" wasn't a great "safe word..."

Re: Official forfour recall

There are just a few more than just 41 cars involved in that. The number i got told was about 100.

The VINs were released from WME4540331B092932 to WME4540331B111770

The important number is the one behind the "B".

Comment

not even mitsubishi can make car correctly then only joking. Should be in a forfour next week

Comment

Originally posted by ZorroReturns
        not even mitsubishi can make car correctly then only joking. Should be in a forfour next week
        Mitsubishi ?

I think you'll find that the factory is owned by DCAG, it has a multi nationality workforce, please do not suggest that I own a piece of Jap ****! or I'll have to go to Halfrauds and buy loads of those BLITZ and YOKO-ONO stickers, get some neons and play " I Predict A Riot " everywhere I go!

Kin Jap ****!
        Fudge!
        fudge@fudgesmart.co.uk

Engine Rebuilding - sw-exclusive Remaps - TAN Codes - Key Fob Coding - Servicing

All Services Available Mobile, Key Coding Available 24/7

www.fudgesmart.co.uk
        www.sw-x.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Fudge
          Mitsubishi ?

I think you'll find that the factory is owned by DCAG, it has a multi nationality workforce, please do not suggest that I own a piece of Jap ****! or I'll have to go to Halfrauds and buy loads of those BLITZ and YOKO-ONO stickers, get some neons and play " I Predict A Riot " everywhere I go!

Kin Jap ****!
          :smile: Dont use it as an excuse, i have read in cambridge paper about red smart forfour burn outs with the 'BLITZ cru' in halfords car parks :blackeye:

I was under the impression that most of the forfour had mitsu production parts. i maybe wrong.

Fudge, when are you getting the Blitz tail pipe then?

Comment

Lots of peeps have Merc badges on their fortwo. Who's going to have the first forfour with Mitsi badges ? :WOW:

:cup:

Comment

Originally posted by Guinnessian
              Lots of peeps have Merc badges on their fortwo. Who's going to have the first forfour with Mitsi badges ? :WOW:

:cup:
              NEVER EVER!

Comment

Has anyone else noticed that the Mitsubishi logo is plastered everywhere on the ForFour (in the engine compartment / under the carpet in the boot ) , couple of other places but can't remember.

Comment

Originally posted by kaizer
                  Has anyone else noticed that the Mitsubishi logo is plastered everywhere on the ForFour (in the engine compartment / under the carpet in the boot ) , couple of other places but can't remember.
                  same when you buy skoda fabia......its got vw marks all over the engine bay etc

Comment

Originally posted by kaizer
                    ...fuel tank, suspension components, etc etc, genuine "smart" oil filters come from Mitsubishi with Mitsu part numbers! :eek: It's a Mitsubishi in disguise!!! :tongue:

Originally posted by Guinnessian
                    Lots of peeps have Merc badges on their fortwo. Who's going to have the first forfour with Mitsi badges ? :WOW: :cup:
                    Me thinks smartrhino will be one of the first!

Paul

Comment

Merc badges on smarts is just soooo sad - it is like apologising for owning a smart. I mean Merc own Chrysler - gonna stick a merc badge on ur Neon???

Comment

Originally posted by gosforth
                        Merc badges on smarts is just soooo sad - it is like apologising for owning a smart. I mean Merc own Chrysler - gonna stick a merc badge on ur Neon???
                        well the next smart will have merc bades on it, so get used to it!

Comment

yes - but that will be because Smart as a company will die therefore the new car will be a Mercedes - it is not a mercedes at present

Comment

do u think if the next smarts have merc badged on people will remove them in place of smart ones?

Comment

Wait a minute, that will then mean the fortwo aint a real smart lol

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X