ewwww wet toes!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ewwww wet toes!!!

Umm OK, so I'm driving along and I start getting water dripping onto my left foot! Get out the car and there is water behind the brake pedal as well.

It's been about 29C here today, bright n sunny and the cars not been in the rain for weeks. But I think it was something condensing from the air conditioning, I'd had it going quite a while and turned it off, then about 5 or 10 minutes later I got wet toes!

Is there a vent or drain near the drivers foot well I need to check out ? It's a right hand drive car if that makes a difference.

Thanks!

Mark

Have a look at this link - it may answer your question - (try to ignore the little man's head poking out of the foam - he's not a problem)

http://www.evilution.co.uk/index.php?menu=info&mod=783
    Last edited by bob-in-dav; 28-02-15, 10:41 AM.

Comment

Put your fingers thought he holes in the grill bit of that picture when you have open the flap and see if you feel water - if you do, then that's where your water is coming from. It's there because the drain on the other side of the firewall is blocked. The drain can be reached from behind the offside front wheel.

John

Comment

Thanks! I'll go take a look .. I hope I don;t find that guy peering at me though!!!! ;-)

Comment

Well I got at the pipe and as soon as I disconnected the L-shaped pipe this happened :

Smart_unblocked.jpg

The pulling out the vent/pipe next to that one I found this :

Smart_yummy.jpg

Put them back together all clean again :

Smart_refitted.jpg

So if you've not done your car lately I'd suggest having a looks! :-)

Thanks for the help!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X