Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yours does not have MEG.

Comment

Your Smart are EDG ,not MEG ;MEG are Smart car 0.6/0.7 petrol .
      Please be careful and reread all post.
      Please apply MB Star and communicate the error codes .
      Last edited by mottofreee; 28-05-17, 11:11 AM.

Comment

I finally left my car at local smart car service. They will try to do diagnostics

Comment

That will cost an arm and a leg.

Comment

I've got my car fixed today. The problem was a bad gear position sensor, and they had to reprogram ecu, because there was a lot of errors. I guess I wouldn't fix it by myself without that diagnostic tools. And I hope that gear position sensor was the only problem, and my car will not get the same problem after several weeks.

Comment

Reprogram? That does not make mutch sense. More likely they had to run gear change adaptation.
              Was gear position sensor damaged due to water ingress? Fitting a new sensor without sorting out water ingress issue will not be a long lasting fix.

Comment

Actually it could be a gear change adaptation.They didn't tell me in small details. Is gear change adaptation is hard procedure? Do I need diagnostic tools to do that? And they also changed gear position sensor. I have taken of my gear position sensor and sprayed with a contact cleaner before I took my car to a service and it didn't looked like it is water damaged or something

Comment

Gear position sensor is just a good quality potentiometer. Easily checked with a multimeter.
                  Failure of gear position sensor causes three bars and no gears.
                  Gear change adaption is done to teach in gear positions. Takes less than ten seconds to complete using Star or other diagnostics unit.
                  Further details:

http://smartmaniacs.co.uk/forum/the-...ear-adaptation

Comment

Yes, I know that gear position sensor is only a good quality potentiometer. The main problem that I don't have Star diagnostic unit. Also it's pretty hard to find who has it in my country. Maybe it's worth thinking of buying it

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X