X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roof Not Opening/Closing - Smart 2003 Pulse Cabriolet Petrol 450 700CC

Hi Guys

Hoping that someone can help me.

I have a Smart 2003 Pulse Cabriolet Petrol 450 700CC.

Problem is as follows:
    1. Cabriolet/Convertible unable to close the roof fully.
    2. RHS of Roof is closed completely, LHS will not close by approx 5 cm or 3 inches.
    3. Roof on vehicle looks crooked.
    Recently I replaced the convertible motors and also the Roof Ribs.

When I try to close the roof manually with an allen key, the roof will close all the way on the RHS, but will not close on the LHS by approx 5cm

I try to manually retract/open the roof but now the RHS will not move; it appears jammed at the pillars that adjoins the windscreen.

The LHS is trying to tract, but since the RHS will not retract, the LHS gets stuck.

Any advice or tips is greatly appreciated

Thanks for your help in advance

Giorgio
    Perth West Australia

In the back there are pre-tension buckles - too high pretension => problems
    Pretension too low => valley roof.
    Shall be released and re-tensioned.
    Also, the cables must be synchronized - if a part (left or right) is too up front => problems.
    Last edited by mottofreee; 28-05-17, 10:20 AM.

Comment

Greetings, try this, it may work? Having closed the roof as best you can, open it so there's about a 2 inch gap on one side. Now with the ignition turned off, reverse selected, the hand brake ON and the key removed, gain access to the two roof motors and remove them. This will allow you to move both front sides of the roof to the fully closed position. Unless there's something in the track(s) that is stopping this happening. If this is the case, find out what is causing the jam and remove the object(s). Now refit the motors and all should be well? If not keep looking for what is causing the blockage. Also, once the roof is physically closed, take your finger off the roof switch. The two motors are very strong, in fact only one motor is needed to do the job but two are always going to be better than one. Some say, 'a bird in the hand is better than two in the bush", I'd much prefer two in the bushes - more fun!!!
      Cheers, Ian.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X