Radio Code ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radio Code ?

Greetings All, I've a CD Radio with a serial number of, MC341661383391 - yep, you guessed it, it needs a code.
    Sadly, with all my sleuthing - I'm unable to find it. Not written in any place on the car, in the books or on the unit itself.
    So, please, can anybody assist with information about the best place to go, or at least secure enough not to be hacked after entering all the info?
    Cheers, Ian.

Mercedes supplied the code for my radio. IIRC it was around £20 ..... assuming of course the radio is the original unit

Comment

Failing that, Dave has a good reputation on at one forum I know of ..... https://www.dndservices.co.uk/manufa...6&mmode=decode

Comment

You have 3 choices....
        1. Take the radio serial number and the chassis number of any smart to your local Mercedes dealer, pay them approx. £20-£30 and they will obtain the code from Grundig.
        2. Take the radio to a "decoding" place where they won't actually de-code the radio, but instead overwrite it with a different code (similar cost to 1.)
        3. Follow this guide and de-code it yourself: https://www.evilution.co.uk/index.php?menu=ice&mod=1174

Comment

Greetings All, thanks to Emilys Dad & 137699. My problem is, going to an internet site and down loading an attachment - you only find out afterwards, that it also contained a virus - so I'm a bit loathe to do that. I followed evilutions plan and went to the trouble of getting the required bits from Aliexpress, just to get cold feet at the requirement to down load a program off the net. Then there's the other problem of not being 'geeky' enough.
          But good things take time - I'll get there in the end.
          Cheers, Ian.

Comment

• bob-in-dav
            bob-in-dav commented
            Editing a comment
            Have you managed to get as far as reading the eprom?
            If you have, there are several people who could do the hex conversion for you if you're concerned about the virus issue.

Greetings B&D, I got as far as getting the wiring bits & clips, then got bogged down in concerns. As far as reading the eprom, I have trouble reading a book, with multi syllable words. The last person I asked (which was also the first) about carrying out the procedure had a strange look on their face, so I sort of put it on the back burner. I don't have problem pulling things to bits - sometimes I manage to get them back together and still working but decided this may take more time and effort, so the path of least resistance was taken. But now I've two radios to sort. Once done, the code will be written on the radio. I can see why Grundig didn't do that. Good things take time. Cheers, Ian.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X